Have to pick an interview date today, please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

03FB

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have received an interview invite and its for NYITCOM. I am applying late in this cycle, and still working on completing my secondary apps. I did not even start prepping for interviews because I thought I would do that after all my secondary apps are turned in. The closest date is oct 30, or I can do Nov 13th. I am not sure if I should choose the closer date and rush into it or just wait and prepare myself better. Will the two weeks make a difference in my chance of acceptance at the school. This is a school I would very much like to attend. Also because I am applying later, I am worried that I may not get many interviews and if this is the only one, i want to make sure that I do a really good job.

I'm a CA Asian applicant 3.5 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA, 506 MCAT (125/127/126/128)

Thanks in advance for your response.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, congrats on the interview! From what I know, the DO cycle runs later than the MD cycle so you shoudn't feel pressured to do an earlier date. Also, chances are that if the school gave you an II they are high enough on you that it won't affect your chances when you go in. That being said, a lot of school interviews are pretty relaxed and don't require weeks of prep. I would look into the NYIT format and if you feel comfortable with it go for 10/30. Shouldn't make too much of a difference though. Hope that helped a little and congrats again, NYIT is a great school!

@03FB
If you feel more comfortable waiting, then go ahead and wait until Nov 13th. As tvk315 said, you won't need a whole lot of preparation, but just follow your gut on this one because the two dates aren't that far apart. If it was like Oct 30th or December 13th, then I would say do Oct 30th haha, but in this case you're a perfectly fine either way.

Just do the later date. Two weeks won’t be that impactful if at all.