Have we talked about this case?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epidural man

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Teen with shingles being treated with an ESI? Something seems fishy

I’ve treated PHN with epidurals. Works fine.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Teen with shingles being treated with an ESI? Something seems fishy

Nothing fishy about it at all. A bad complication to an elective procedure. Particulate emboli in a tfesi is my guess.

Reactions: 1 users

T10-complete on the third epidural in a series of 3 for PHN.

She'd be a good candidate for SCS for motor recovery

Reactions: 1 user
Either that or a direct intra-cord needle placement and injection
Given her the lack of pain reported, a TFESI with particulate seemed more likely. But I agree that we don’t know.

Sadly I know several LA pain docs who do mostly PI work and they do all their TFESI with particulate at every level.

Series of 3 for PHN? I’d assume whatever benefit an epidural would provide would have happened with the first one…

Reactions: 1 users
Given her the lack of pain reported, a TFESI with particulate seemed more likely. But I agree that we don’t know.

Sadly I know several LA pain docs who do mostly PI work and they do all their TFESI with particulate at every level.
Hah, most of the PI epidurals may not even b in the epidural space so who cares if it’s particulate or not. They aren’t gonna get better anyway.

• Hmm
Hah, most of the PI epidurals may not even b in the epidural space so who cares if it’s particulate or not. They aren’t gonna get better anyway.
This ^^^