Have you all ever lagged behind on classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mynameistino

Ok, the school i am going to always have organic chemsitry and physics filled up with people. I am in my sophomore year right now and probably cant take any of these classes because they are always filled up and probably will have to take it at another University just because it will be easier to get. Do you think i will get lagged behind when i will be a junior in college and be taking physics and o chem? considering the fact that DAT dates are in the spring....and for those who went through what i am going throuhg right now, what did you do?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in O chem2 now (fall of senior year) I wasnt able to take Ochem 1 till the spring semester of junior year (classes were full). I had to study my behind off for the O-chem part of DAT and I had a 19. I suck at all kindsof chem so i sure was glad to have that 19. yeah, one skipped semester means i won't be able to take Histology before i graduate. As long as you are familiar with the topics in the DAT scope of exam (can get it on ADA.org) and all the stuff in the prep books like The Kaplan blue book and topscore and co. You should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
mynameistino said:
considering the fact that DAT dates are in the spring...

????

oldboy said:

you can apply for a special waiver to take it in the summer.... seriously. you just have to pay the right people.

you can take the DAT whenever you want.... 'cept for Christmas...

Yeah, we all prioritize when we take classes versus when we take the DAT. For me, I took it right after orgo even though I didn't have as much biochem as I would have liked (But I was more worried about forgetting orgo!) And it was really funny...I would make a date, realize there was an entire section I didn't know....change the date for a few weeks later....freak out about something else...change the date...haha. I finally was back in school for junior year before actually taking it (it was supposed to be a summer project :))

So just do it when you feel ready! And you can always study a topic on your own if you're not taking a class in it! Tons of libraries carry textbooks.

I really want to take the DAT in the spring of junior year so i can start sending out my application right after that so everything would fall on schedule so i can start dental school right after senior year if i do get accepted. Or will i be still on schedule if i take the DAT at the end of my junior year???