Have you "applied" to a specific school, if you do not submit their secondary?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ErikLen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have decided not to apply (submit secondaries) to a handful of schools I applied to on my primary. Am I considered a re-applicant to these schools in the next cycle?

Thanks guys,

Erik

Members don't see this ad.

Why did you apply to them?

I have decided not to apply (submit secondaries) to a handful of schools I applied to on my primary. Am I considered a re-applicant to these schools in the next cycle?

Thanks guys,

Erik

I believe so. Check with each school to be sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should be. 'Re-applicant' is mostly to tell the office that they have a file with your name on it, and that you're the same person that has submitted them material in the past (in your case, a primary) so that they can keep you straight. So once they know you exist because you submitted a primary application, you'll be a reapplicant, even if you didn't interview, submit all the letters, paperwork, etc.

just in general, on secondaries if they ask "have you applied to Z medical school in the past?" would that be a yes or no? If i submitted the primary to them but not their secondary to be "complete" and reviewed.

Thanks guys,

Erik

school by school. check their websites. ex, AECOM says you're only a "re-applicant" if you have a completed file with them.