• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Have you called AMCAS about transcripts?

Have you called AMCAS to ask if they received your transcripts?

• Yes - I've called them and been on hold for 30+ minutes just to hear what I could read on amcas.org

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • No, I know that they will receive them eventually.

Votes: 20 47.6%

• Total voters

jsnuka

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 2, 2006
  1. Post Doc
    I need for them to process one more transcript, which is there I know because I received the copy at my house that I requested at the same time, so that I can move to the review/verification stage of the process.

It would be different if they did not have it, but I know it it probably backlogged in the pile that came in after the deluge down there.

So I wait and fester and read about folx turning in secondaries already and stuff. :scared:

About the Ads

sentrosi

INTARWEB USER
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jun 28, 2004
    TEH INTARWEB
    1. Medical Student
      Yeah. I was working long hours as an EMT during the time that my AMCAS went in. So I wasn't freaking out at all. Even if I wasn't, I'm not really the kind to freak out about this stuff and call to check. Not to mention, my app was verified just fine...

So stop freaking out people.

sentrosi

INTARWEB USER
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jun 28, 2004
      TEH INTARWEB
      1. Medical Student
        jsnuka said:
        So I wait and fester and read about folx turning in secondaries already and stuff. :scared:
        Hey, it's still way early in the season. I know people who turned their apps in in the fall (even late fall) and still got interviews and acceptances just fine.

If you have a good app, then you're good to go.

never called in. if you know how to read their instructions and you send it in with the proper identifying information (i.e. their transcript request form), there's little reason you need to freak out about this.

jsnuka

Moderator Emeritus
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        May 2, 2006
        1. Post Doc
          yourmom25 said:
          never called in. if you know how to read their instructions and you send it in with the proper identifying information (i.e. their transcript request form), there's little reason you need to freak out about this.

Normally, I would say that you are right, but the storm down there has really befuddled the AMCAS staff it seems.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.