have you completed the AMCAS application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djipopo

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone been able to complete this thing? if so, approximately how many hours/days (weeks/months...) did it take and are you still sane?

Members don't see this ad.

I have just completed the biographical info section and started classwork. I've done 2 semesters. It's taken me approximately 9-10 hours so far. I don't know how people are getting this done!

Hi people. I just have a question since I won't be going through this process until next year. My understanding is that you can do parts of the application, somehow save it and then do other parts of the application later. Is my assumption correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
sunlyght,

Yes thats correct.

I hope for your sake they have a faster webserver system next year when you apply. They have been plagued by connectivity problems this year.

I guess I'm an oddity, but mine's done 'cept for cuttin' 'n pastin' the essays and experience summaries in. I started mine the first day it was out, when I should have been studying for finals :) I got most of mine complete in the first two days, though.

As far as my sanity goes, I'm not sure I had that to start with, so I won't answer ;)

Ok, those of you who have made it to the coursework section:

what does OT grade stand for?
is it "on transcript"? or
"Other type"?
also, in all of those course types (withdrew, AP, high school, etc.) there is no place for normal classes that you passed and got a grade for.

Originally posted by aqua:
•...what does OT grade stand for?
is it "on transcript"? or
"Other type"?
also, in all of those course types (withdrew, AP, high school, etc.) there is no place for normal classes that you passed and got a grade for.•

OT stands for Original Transcript grade, i.e. A+, etc. The definition is in the help page. This is the grade that AAMCAS uses to determine the grade they assign you for that class.

For normal classes, you do not make a selection from that list of boxes. Only make a selection if you withdrew, etc.

Good luck, I hope this helps. :)