Have you ever been on TV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cystapharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
game shows, tv interviews, dating shows, etc.

I wonder if this will this look good on your resume if you've put yourself in the media. I have a friend who has been on Wheel of Fortune and one on Fear Factor and I know this guy from my school who is now on Beauty and the Geek.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think being on Fear factor or blind date will get you into pharmacy school, I think it might be a nice answer to "name a unique experience.." type of question in an interview.. just to add a little humour, but I wouldn't list it under my EC's or Awards on pharmCAS.

I think maybe if you won College Jeopardy.. that would be a nice thing to list ;)

I was on Wheel of Fortune a couple of years ago, but I would never put it on my resume. It's really just one of the "tell me something unique about yourself" things that I can use.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in a Academy Award winning picture a while back. I listed it under honors/awards. I thought it was something pretty big. I put it down because I was honored that I was given that opportunity in such a big motion picture.

lol....now i really wanna know! please tell! this site is basically anonymous, we don't know who u are :confused:

if i tell you guys the movie, you guys would know who i am for sure!

I danced on Soul Train once. Ultimately that's what got me in pharm school.

I've ever been on TV when I was a little kid, but I didn't list that in the pharm application. I thought it's insignificant ^^;;;;

I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV

I was on an afternoon half-hour talk show at a local TV station. There were 3 of us from Tampa Bay Mensa. We pretty much just answered questions. The show was repeated several times. For about a year, I had people coming up to me saying "I saw you on TV". I never considered putting it on my CV or a job application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in a Academy Award winning picture a while back. I listed it under honors/awards. I thought it was something pretty big. I put it down because I was honored that I was given that opportunity in such a big motion picture.

did you actually walk up the Kodak theater stage to accept the award with your cast members?
What award did the picture win?
Was your role a main character role......approx how many minutes were you in the movie?
Wow thats awesome! must be lots of fun.

I didn't tell anyone about the movies/shows I was in. I felt like it didn't do anything for my application. I won Best Actor in video from the AVN awards for my performance in a movie I was in...

I didn't tell anyone about the movies/shows I was in. I felt like it didn't do anything for my application. I won Best Actor in video from the AVN awards for my performance in a movie I was in...

So why pharmacy ? :confused: :rolleyes:

I was on tv for the NHSEE compition and i loved it. it was on pharmacy

It'd look good on your application only if it was an adult film. That way when you're interviewed you may be asked to re-act some scenes. That will get you in to pharm school.

Was that the ones with the 600 pound girls in it too?

did you actually walk up the Kodak theater stage to accept the award with your cast members?
What award did the picture win?
Was your role a main character role......approx how many minutes were you in the movie?
Wow thats awesome! must be lots of fun.

did not get to walk up with the other cast members =( ... i did get interviewed by John Tesh from Entertainment Tonight though =)

it won a number of awards including best picture
My role was a main character role but my part only lasted about 15 mins.

Were you one of the immigrants in Crash?

OMG just tell us lol

You'd have a hard time thinking of a movie if you were making it up too.

Were you an oompa-loompa?

hehe, good guess.... =) i might be the same height but i dont have green skin

I'll tell you guys the movie if I get accepted to a program this year =)

hehe, good guess.... =) i might be the same height but i dont have green skin

I'll tell you guys the movie if I get accepted to a program this year =)

No you weren't, because they have orange skin and green hair. You would have known that if you were an Oompa-Loompa.

No you weren't, because they have orange skin and green hair. You would have known that if you were an Oompa-Loompa.

wow, i guess it has been a while since I watched that movie

orange skin and green hair just like you said...

oompaloompa.jpg

wow, i guess it has been a while since I watched that movie

orange skin and green hair just like you said...

oompaloompa.jpg

were you gollum in lord of the rings? :)
I was on Legends of the Hidden Temple on Nickelodeon when I was like 11 or 12. It comes on reruns now on GAS (channel 5,621) hahah!

were you gollum in lord of the rings? :)
I was on Legends of the Hidden Temple on Nickelodeon when I was like 11 or 12. It comes on reruns now on GAS (channel 5,621) hahah!

I used to love that show!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: lolol...this thread is funny....thanx for the entertainment everyone, and lastemp, could you Pleeease tell us? Or how 'bout a hint at least?