Have you ever been really impressed with a professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

An Yong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was curious how everyone views their professor?

I am simply amazed at the teaching style of my organic chemistry professor. Its really awe-inspiring, he lays everything down clearly and in an orgainized layout. He takes LOTS of time to help any of his students. He hates the idea of office hours (He thinks students should be able to come to him ANYTIME They have a question!! WOW, I have some professors who try to get the TA's to handle all of the students questions). In fact, he refuses to have any TA's because he doesnt want their inexperience to possibly confuse an issue.

Maybe its because we are in the early semester of organic chemistry, but everything we've done so far is crystal clear to me. All the reactions make sense, etc.

Anyways, here's my tribute to great organic chem teachers!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

ive been relaly UNimpressed with lots but impressed hmm that id have to think about

Members don't see this ad :)
My organic prof sucked really hardcore. But other professors were usually really good. Haven't had too many bad experiences with professors.

My organic chemistry teacher is the best teacher I've ever had in my life. Luckily, I get to have her again this quarter for the second quarter of organic chem. Her office hours are crammed with people every time. People who don't get there early won't get a seat. She makes o-chem SO much fun. I looked forward to having her again all summer.

My O Chem professor just graduated from grad school and she is a hot 26 year old:) . I am love looking at her...oops, i mean love organic chemistry:laugh: :love: . Life is more beautiful then

My O Chem professor just graduated from grad school and she is a hot 26 year old:) . I am love looking at her...oops, i mean love organic chemistry:laugh: :love: . Life is more beautiful then I thought in Organic Chemistry. And yall say that O Chem was going to be bad. ;)

Through the years I have been impressed by many professors, inspired by a few, but one stands out.....and he wasn't even a prof. that I had a class from! He taught the general chemistry class that fell the hour just before my physical chemistry class. At times I would come early for my class just to hear/watch him teach. His enthusiam and true LOVE of the material was catching to ALL who were priveleged to take his class. It was obvious to me that he was a prof who stood above the rest.

This last week my belief in his uniqueness was justified when He received the coveted teaching award at my university. I consider it a blessing (challenge?) to have the opportunity to work this year as his T.A. although it is VERY intimidating!!!!

UCLAstudent, I think i know which o. chem professor you're talking about cause i feel the exact same way.... I've never seen anyone with so much passion about what she does. When I took the class, she showed us a videotape of her on Good Morning America with one of her students, rapping about organic chemistry. Man, that was the funniest thing ever but totally showed her enthusiasm. One of my other professors that I really loved was one of my education professors. She was so passionate about teaching and it showed in the way that she related and connected with us. If I weren't on my way to being a doctor, I would seriously consider teaching because of her.