"Have you ever been subject to any investigations, actions, or convictions (either institutional or legal)?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maybedoc1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
A secondary asked me this and I want to make sure I answer it correctly. When I was a freshman my roommate got our room searched and they found his pot in a common area. Afterwards I met with one of the Deans and told her the story (it wasn't mine, it was my roommates and you can talk to him about it). The dean talked to him, he was upfront about it and I didn't get in any trouble. I contacted my school and there's no disciplinary record or anything on my file. I didn't list this as an IA on my primary because I never got in trouble for it, but I am wondering about the wording of this secondary since it asks "have you ever been subject to any investigations?"

I want to be honest, but I'm not sure how to answer this question.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

A secondary asked me this and I want to make sure I answer it correctly. When I was a freshman my roommate got our room searched and they found his pot in a common area. Afterwards I met with one of the Deans and told her the story (it wasn't mine, it was my roommates and you can talk to him about it). The dean talked to him, he was upfront about it and I didn't get in any trouble. I contacted my school and there's no disciplinary record or anything on my file. I didn't list this as an IA on my primary because I never got in trouble for it, but I am wondering about the wording of this secondary since it asks "have you ever been subject to any investigations?"

Thanks
I would say no. Your roommate and his pot were the subject of that investigation; you just happened to live there. Keep it simple -- no reason to invite unnecessary and irrelevant questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with above. You remain an honest applicant - because you weren't investigated, you only provided some info.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks
No to all three

I would say no. Your roommate and his pot were the subject of that investigation; you just happened to live there. Keep it simple -- no reason to invite unnecessary and irrelevant questions.

Awesome thank you for your reply!

Agree with above. You remain an honest applicant - because you weren't investigated, you only provided some info.

Alright good! I wasn't sure so thank you for clarfiying.