Nov 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
a test that you absolutely knew inside and out??

this just happened to me. freaking biology final i actually TUTORED someone for, and they made a HIGHER grade than i did. :scared::scared::scared:

i got a 76 they got an 86.

so frustrating. i did go through it fast, but omg i KNEW it. i immediately went to mcdonalds and got a double quarter pounder and wolfed it. FML

i still have an A in the class fwiw but this is the most frustrating thing ive ever experienced in my life. and before you ask, yes:

CarlATHF

o hai
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2007
Deep South
Status
Fellow [Any Field]

this just happened to me. freaking biology final i actually TUTORED someone for, and they made a HIGHER grade than i did. :scared::scared::scared:

so frustrating. i did go through it fast, but omg i KNEW it. i immediately went to mcdonalds and got a double quarter pounder and wolfed it. FML

i still have an A in the class fwiw but this is the most frustrating thing ive ever experienced in my life. and before you ask, yes:

So what's the problem?

Salient

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Ask me tomorrow after my PChem final.

Actually, on that note I think I'm going to get off this thing and go study for a bit.

Ursa

woof
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student

If this is true, you are doing pretty good I would say. I have about a million things in life that would be more frustrating than this (none of them school related), but then again maybe you are just a neurotic pre-med.

Also, that person was sandbaggin' on your a**.

Jun 15, 2010
WA
Status
Pre-Medical
don't worry, it happens. I have sabotaged myself a few times because of test anxiety - even though I knew the stuff.

but to answer your thread title's question, yes I have indeed done horrendously on a test. I got a 39... out of 150 :laugh:

definitely can't blame that one on test anxiety.

solo75

7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2010
Texas
Status
Medical Student
Trust me, you will get way worse grades than a 76 in college. Just wait until biochem, A&P, O-chem, Genetics etc..... the list goes on. I think my worse grade was a 60-something in gen-chem 2. I ended up barely scraping by with a B (I had a 78 that turned into a B with the curve). You'll be fine.

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Are you calling a 76 "horrendous"?

Heh...heheh...hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAA!

This guy. Jokester.

solo75

7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2010
Texas
Status
Medical Student
Oh yea, I also got like a 27 on a physics test in community college over the summer... that was scary. Luckily it was one of the highest grades and after the course was curved I ended up with a B in there too.

Aug 16, 2009
California
Status
Medical Student
Got a 41 on a Biochem test which actually wasn't too bad for the class but on the write on portion I only got 2/20 points. Still ended up with a B+ in the class.

OP
TheWhiteFlame
Nov 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
the point im trying to make is that i absolutely knew the test. i didnt make the grade because of ill-preparation or lack of knowledge. i immediately answered every question and finished the test in like 4 minutes and was extremely confident i didnt even miss one.

and i sh* the bed. im almost crying foul and blaming it on scoring error because i was THAT confident.

and thats what makes it so bothersome. like, knowing i still have an A gives me no closure because it bothers the piss out of me that i did that poorly on something im "supposedly" good at. :mad: im not even going to tell my dad b.c im too embarrassed.

chman

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Psychology
Are you calling a 76 "horrendous"?

Heh...heheh...hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAA!

This guy. Jokester.
Seriously. Come talk to us when you actually fail a test, and even then please don't.

chman

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Psychology
the point im trying to make is that i absolutely knew the test. i didnt make the grade because of ill-preparation or lack of knowledge. i immediately answered every question and finished the test in like 4 minutes and was extremely confident i didnt even miss one.

and i sh* the bed. im almost crying foul and blaming it on scoring error because i was THAT confident.

and thats what makes it so bothersome. like, knowing i still have an A gives me no closure because it bothers the piss out of me that i did that poorly on something im "supposedly" good at. :mad: im not even going to tell my dad b.c im too embarrassed.

Dude, you got overconfident and didn't check your work, I'm assuming. So what? You still have an A. Just be happy about that and move on. There will be times when you actually do really bad on a test, and if this is your reaction to a mediocre score, I would really hat to see your reaction to that.

OP
TheWhiteFlame
Nov 8, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Dude, you got overconfident and didn't check your work, I'm assuming. So what? You still have an A. Just be happy about that and move on. There will be times when you actually do really bad on a test, and if this is your reaction to a mediocre score, I would really hat to see your reaction to that.
true

:cool:

no final until saturday, im getting drunk

paul411

ANES
7+ Year Member
May 27, 2010
Florida
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Uhh, calm down and wait till you get your test back to figure out what happened. Based on your level of confidence, maybe it was a scoring error of some sort, happens sometimes.

Also, if this is the most frustrating thing that's ever happened to you, you've had a damn good life, so enjoy it.

Mar 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
An advanced bio class, they grade by picking out the top grade and exactly half of that was passing. I did not pass the first midterm by 2 points. Did well on the second midterm, okay on the final and ended up with a solid B. But still the first test I failed in college, 35/100

raginfly

5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
got a 40 something on bio final that dropped my grade to a B. i was pissed.. made sure that wouldnt happen again by working harder.

orthomyxo

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
33% on an orgo exam. Sadly, that grade is actually more than 5 points above the average. I wasn't even mad tho.

Ursa

woof
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Why are you tutoring for a class that you haven't completed? That wasn't allowed at my undergrad...

luke587

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
pre-calc midterm got a 46% on once, but with the curve i ended up getting like a B, but essentially i only answered 46% of the questions right, it was a really hard test, i ended up with an A in the class, i dont know how but im very fortunate

Also, in my general chemistry course, i got a 73% on the first two midterms, and i was freaking out, and then on the last midterm i got a 110/125, and the class average was 45/125, it jumped my grade from a C to an A-, now i cant mess up the final monday and be golden, but it was difficult course for me so i would be estatic with a B

Not really a test score, but i got a C- on a research paper for an upper level english course, she was a tough grader, luckily i got out with an A- because the paper was only 10% of my grade

Everyone does crappy on test, dont sweat it just do well on the final where it really really matters.

chman

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Psychology
I just finds out I get a 87% on my chem final! My lives is ovars!

I guess I go Caribbean?

Nov 13, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Dude, don't loose sight of what is important. Yeah, you got a bad grade but just relax. You're still getting an A, but that isn't even what is important. You said you were prepared but you got a 76 for a reason. You're missing something.

Go see your prof during office hours and find out what you did wrong. Study this material again and make sure you truly do understand it. What you want from the class is a mastery of the subject, not an A.

Although A's are nice :D

YouNeverKnow22

7+ Year Member
May 14, 2009
Grey Street
Status
Pre-Medical
Dude, don't loose sight of what is important. Yeah, you got a bad grade but just relax. You're still getting an A, but that isn't even what is important. You said you were prepared but you got a 76 for a reason. You're missing something.

Go see your prof during office hours and find out what you did wrong. Study this material again and make sure you truly do understand it. What you want from the class is a mastery of the subject, not an A.

Although A's are nice :D