Have you had your rabies titer checked?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneDay81

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, where did you get it done? From my research, it appears that there are only three labs in the US that actually conduct the test. I don't know if I'll be able to get blood drawn through my military healthcare provider or not (it is stated in the policy that this test is not covered, but I am hoping they will still draw the blood for me and then we can send the test off with a check to the lab or something).

Members don't see this ad.

My doctor (both in Australia recently, and in Florida back in 2003-04) sent me to the diagnostic lab to have blood pulled. They then sent it to wherever it needed to go to be tested :)

Actually I'm pretty sure in Gainvesville my blood was pulled at a place called Doctors Lab.

The first time I had it done at my general practitioners office, and they sent it to the appropriate lab. The second time was at a veterinary conference that offered $15 titers for both DVMs and support staff.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just went to my regular doctor's office (student health at the time) and they drew the blood like normal then they did all the work to figure out where it gets sent to, etc. It does take a few weeks to get the results back though.

Cats-

Do you mean you went to the student health clinic on campus?

Maybe the vet school at Purdue can hook me up when I get there (to PU, not the vet school!)