"Have you previously, or are you currently applying to a health profession school other than dental school?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

planisphere

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Have you previously, or are you currently applying to a health profession school other than dental school?"

I also love animals and am considering to apply veterinary schools (I have volunteered at animal shelter purely for my joy), but I am only considering because I am afraid I might get rejected by all dental schools I applied.

Would applying to other health profession school hurt my chance at dental school, or wouldn't matter?
Would applying vet school after and, if ever found, saying like "I decided to apply vet school after I submitted my AADSAS" work, or just be seen as bull****?
What is the purpose of this question? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I also love animals and am considering to apply veterinary schools (I have volunteered at animal shelter purely for my joy), but I am only considering because I am afraid I might get rejected by all dental schools I applied.

Would applying to other health profession school hurt my chance at dental school, or wouldn't matter?
there are far fewer vet schools than dental schools
you would also need extensive experience with animals to apply (more than volunteering at an animal shelter)
AND it would look bad on your dental application...

you need to relax and trust the process
your gpa may not be ideal, but your DAT scores are pretty good

there are far fewer vet schools than dental schools
you would also need extensive experience with animals to apply (more than volunteering at an animal shelter)
AND it would look bad on your dental application...

you need to relax and trust the process
your gpa may not be ideal, but your DAT scores are pretty good
Wow wow I feel like being stalked! haha (I am guessing you read my previous threads, right?...)

But could you comment on the whole purpose of that question? I mean, the whole "it would look bad/undetermined/etc", isn't this only an assumption on our end? Or is it really just to check if applicants are seeing dentistry only as one of options?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow wow I feel like being stalked! haha (I am guessing you read my previous threads, right?...)

But could you comment on the whole purpose of that question? I mean, the whole "it would look bad/undetermined/etc", isn't this only an assumption on our end? Or is it really just to check if applicants are seeing dentistry only as one of options?
focus
you had a thread this morning that i replied to multiple times
no stalking involved...

the question is to see if you are truly serious about becoming a dentist
it looks bad if you are covering your bases
put it this way, if someone you are interested in is checking out other people or on tinder while you are on a date, would you take that person seriously?

Reactions: 1 users
Regardless of how it may make you look, you still have it answer it, don't you? So if I were you, I'd stop focusing on that aspect and just answer the questions honestly.

Have you applied to veterinary school in the past, yes or no?

In this current application cycle, are you planning on applying to veterinary schools, yes or no?

Would applying vet school after and, if ever found, saying like "I decided to apply vet school after I submitted my AADSAS" work, or just be seen as bull****?
so you wouldn't be lying, but you are willing to work around lying by being sneaky?
good luck with that in dental school and in practice...

Ambivalence is not a highly sought after trait by either dental or vet schools.

I feel bad now...
Then is it the general consensus that the purpose of the question is only to further sort out/filter the numerous applicants?

I feel bad now...
Then is it the general consensus that the purpose of the question is only to further sort out/filter the numerous applicants?
Unfortunately those honest enough to say they are shopping around. You can guess that dentistry was always a backup for medical school (and still is for a few applicants). You gotta be all in. That said I can probably count on one hand the number if times someone honestly answered, "yeah, pharmacy school!"

Guys, veterinary school is considered a health profession too, right? Just checking