Have you still not completed secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Little Etoile

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Then help make me feel better about my delay in completing mine! I can't be the only one left!

So who here hasn't yet turned in their secondaries or is still knee-deep in them?

All these interview and "it's too late to turn in secondaries!" posts are giving me anxiety. Ugh. All you damn over-achievers. ;) I know there are some normal (procrastinators) on here! HOLLA!

:D

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not knee-deep, but I do have a few left.

Hey I feel your pain. I have a massive stack of half completed secondaries, I haven't finished one yet. I don't even have all of my LORs in yet. Every time I open up a secondary and I see a prompt I get sick to my stomach and close the window.

Members don't see this ad :)
Only secondary I have left to do is Loyola, which I haven't recieved yet.

Got my UCSF and UCI secondary a few days ago but I have no will to start them yet... I don't feel like clicking the email yet. :p

Yes, I feel like I have so many left to do, but I'm just sick and tired of writing essays! I've finished ~12 out of 25 secondaries. Ok well actually I submitted my primary to 25, still havent been invited to complete secondaries for 4 of those schools, and there might be a few I don't complete like Duke's which has a gazillion essays. I HATE writing, and of course I've saved all the hard essay-heavy ones for last.
:)Good luck though!

Applied to 33. Completed 18. Still have 9 left to do and I STILL haven't heard from 3 schools! Le-sigh..

Back to work!

I am complete at 13, but still have to do Mt. Sinai, Pritzker, SUNY Downstate, Vanderbilt (I know I need to hurry so I can schedule), Rush, Emory, and Loyola. I've had Pritzker's since Aug 3rd. oops! But I got Vanderbilts last week and the last three yesterday so...

Vanderbilt's has been killing me. I've been sitting on a couple of these for a month and a half. I am so pissed at myself, feels like I'm stumbling in the last quarter mile.

I'm still waiting on my primary to get VERIFIED! So i'm waaay behind, and once thats done i'm looking at a good 30 or so secondaries. I'm screwed!

Sending out OHSU today. I ****ed myself by applying MD/MPH. It requires a lot of work at several schools. Downstate is killing me. Luckily, I got rejected pre-secondary from U Washington, so, now i'm stuck with OHSU, Downstate, UCLA and Stonybrooks MPH application

Y'all are way ahead of my co-workers who are applying. Apparently they didn't get the "earlier is better" memo... neither has submitter their AMCAS yet :eek:! Especially surprising since one of them is on her 3rd app cycle.

I'm still waiting on my primary to get VERIFIED! So i'm waaay behind, and once thats done i'm looking at a good 30 or so secondaries. I'm screwed!

Glad to know I'm not the only one. They are so slow with verifying those primaries, I am also waiting for one LOR to be mailed so that sucks too. This has been a summer filled with waiting...

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally have no secondaries to do after Mayo put me out of my misery... it feels worse when you have nothing to do though :)

I have a few to do. I withdrew from a couple and now I'm just down to a few UCs that haven't sent me secondary invites, yale, duke and dartmouth. I'm tired of secondaries now so I don't think i'm going to do those three.

I've been sitting on my last secondary for about 3 weeks now (Rosalind Franklin)...

"What does 'Life in Discovery' mean to you?"

I bet the adcoms just put that on there to amuse themselves and laugh at the ridiculous answers they're sure to get... :rolleyes:

Y'all are way ahead of my co-workers who are applying. Apparently they didn't get the "earlier is better" memo... neither has submitter their AMCAS yet :eek:! Especially surprising since one of them is on her 3rd app cycle.
THIRD application cycle? I doubt this one will be successful either, especially this late in the game.

Yes, I'm about to get my primary verified! And then it's gonna be madness with all the secondaries.... sigh.... I'm glad that most of you guys are all finished and don't have to worry about applications AND classes. *double sigh*

I'm gonna submit Rush today. And I just got Uc Irvine and Wayne state...debating wayne state since evms just told me I have an acceptance! (unofficially over the phone) woohooo

I'm pretty sure Rosalind Franklin just wants to torture its applicants. That and make sure you don't use essays that you used for other schools...Ugh, I've applied to 12, 8 more to go :(

I mailed off Wake Forest secondary today because I got the invitation just yesterday. Since I am a graduate student, they wanted a confirmation letter from my thesis supervisor that I will complete my MSc by next year before inviting me to complete the secondary application.

hey guys - im in your pain too..emory, g-town, madison, usc, ohsu, loyola, co state, etc...i have plenty left

I can't submit any of mine because of LOR hell. I only need one more science prof letter, but neither of the two I asked two months have still not done it.

BTW how long does it take to get the RFU secondary after being verified..i'm still waiting since the end of august.

I wonder what is taking so long for Loyola to send their secondary (or not) for me.

I am so behind! Research caught up with me. However, I should be sending off half of them on Monday.

It doesn't help that half of my letters got lost. Stupid premed office!!

Don't worry about Loyola. I submitted AMCAS July 20 and just got their secondary yesterday and same with Rush....

As for RFU, I sumbitted complete on Aug 29 and got the complete email today...

Apparently every mid-tier school in chicago is slow??

Still working on Duke...it's a beast. Thankfully, it's my last one.

i still have 4 more but i'm thinking about not doing 2 of them.

I decided not to fill out a few of them. I haven't gotten any interviews yet, and those schools are reach schools. I was more confident going into this cycle, but not anymore.

I applied to 23 schools, and my AMCAS hasn't been verified yet, so I have only submitted secondaries for the five schools that have given me access. This means that I have 18 secondaries remaining (assuming I don't get screened out anywhere). Luckily, I have all the essay prompts, so I have completed 8 and started 4 of the remaining secondaries. This leaves 6 that I haven't started and 4 that I need to finish, which I will be knee-deep in starting next week, when my AMCAS will likely be verified.

Then help make me feel better about my delay in completing mine! I can't be the only one left!

So who here hasn't yet turned in their secondaries or is still knee-deep in them?

All these interview and "it's too late to turn in secondaries!" posts are giving me anxiety. Ugh. All you damn over-achievers. ;) I know there are some normal (procrastinators) on here! HOLLA!

You shouldn't be trying to feel better about not submitting them- you should be submitting them right now. Seriously, my day-one application with 48 hour secondary turn around is why I already have 10 interviews scheduled. I'm not bragging- it's just all about early submission. I have never been so quick with them...and now that I'm on my 3rd cycle I can say I've never had so much success in this process either. ::fingers crossed::

PS- save every single thing you write. Even if you have to answer a different question, there's still a chance you can use the same material, just in a different way.

Well, still no love from a few California schools... so no, I'm not done.

Well, still no love from a few California schools... so no, I'm not done.
I've applied to two CA schools and haven't heard back post-secondary. I have mixed feelings about it actually. On the one hand I'd love to visit CA, but on the other hand I don't even want to think about how much a CA trip would cost me >(.

I gave up on several. I have a few more that are completed, but aren't submitted because it seems like I'll be wasting my money anyways.

Oh well, back to writing the Canadian secondaries

I feel your pain friends; I only got through half my stack of secondaries in a month :| i kinda got lazy at one point and was just looking for the "no essay schools" and did those really quickly lol.

Point of interest- How long are u guys spending on ur essays? i spent like 2-3 days on UCLA (#1) but i know friends who churn one out at least 1 secondary a day. But when i look at UCSD and Duke i just wanna die.

Point of interest- How long are u guys spending on ur essays? i spent like 2-3 days on UCLA (#1) but i know friends who churn one out at least 1 secondary a day. But when i look at UCSD and Duke i just wanna die.
Every single one was within 48 hours (and I was usually fielding 2-3 at a time)- and many of my interviews this year were within the first 2 weeks that schools were actually conducting interviews, so I do believe it makes a difference.

Wow- post #1000. Yay me >).

Anyone else a big football fan and everytime they hear the word secondary, they cringe?

Yeah, I turned around the secondaries that I got once I submitted my AMCAS very quick, but i'm struggling with motivation for the secondary prompts. Anybody got a cure?

I still have 5 secondaries left to go...all the other 11 are done and I'm just waiting on one professor to get her LOR in so I can have those all mailed out to the schools. Waiting is the part that sucks the most. Most of the secondaries I have left are those which you have to research the school a little more so I'm slacking on that. On top of all that, I re-herniated the disc in my back that I had surgery on last year which has caused my life to come to a hault...I've been stuck in bed for the past week...which really blows and took away any motivation I had :( Anyway, best of luck to everyone! Get those secondaries in!! :)

you're totally on the ball with how much waiting sucks....

I've been complete at ~6 schools for 3 weeks now and i'm just so nervous.
My stats arent the greatest so I'm just hoping that the right person see's me at the right time..

but to go along with this post, i have 5 to go. dont feel left out!!

ugh and now its sept 24...which means any secondaries will probably be verified in october. that has such a nasty ring to it.

I've got one left - UC Davis. I have until October 11 to do it, but I don't want to wait that long. I haven't been able to do it yet because I'm on dorm staff so I've been incredibly busy with training, preparations, and activities with the new freshmen... not to mention my other responsibilities (research, classes starting, extracurriculars)! Argh. I hope I'll finish Davis this week.

I haven't heard back from UCSF yet, but 1) I don't really consider theirs a secondary and 2) I will probably not hear from them ever.

I still have the silly Rush secondary. I logged into the site and now I have to get it done by Oct. 4th (they give you a month). Guess it's good to put a deadline on the thing. Their questions are just so ridiculous. I did all the rest of the secondaries really fast. Haven't heard from Loyola, keep forgetting to call on thursdays.

Anyone else send their LORs but the school hasn't posted that they received them? I know they were sent because some schools got them.

I know what you mean with the football thing. secondary ....:(

Only secondary I have left to do is Loyola, which I haven't recieved yet.

I still need to finish the last essay for University of Chicago, but I have a PCHEM test tomorrow....

Always something getting in the way. When I finally tackle Chicago I will just be waiting for Loyola to send me a 2ndry.

Right now I have secondaries in 13 schools, and I have never been superstitious, but I am a little anxious to get at least on more app in. Damn PCHEM...

i have 2 that i can complete now, but i'm taking a break. waiting for 1 more b/c they screen.

guys, don't worry. I'm still WAITING for 2ndaries to come in for me to start on.

I am still completing mine. In fact, every time I plan on working on secondaries, I dread doing them so I log on to SDN and spend hours browsing it and get nothing done. But like someone else said earlier, you really should try to get them done soon. I had only submitted four of mine out of 9. But, I had my first motivation today when I received my first rejection letter by Indiana. I realized I did not have any time to waste if I wanted to still be in the running for a spot. Luckily, I had my first interview invite from Pittsburgh today which took away some of the sting from IU. So good luck to you and all of the other procrastinators we can do it!