Have you worn scrubs in Year 1 & 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you wear scrubs in yr 1 & 2?

• Never

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • A couple times

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • Some

Votes: 26 18.2%
  • All the time

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Only in gross anatomy

Votes: 62 43.4%

• Total voters
If I'm going to be studying/in class all day, I wear street clothes.

But, if I'm going to be doing something clinical............................................................

I wear a nice button-down shirt, nice pants, nice shoes, and a tie(sometimes)(I think they get in the way of the physical and probably spread germs, but I bought a tie clip so now I really have no excuse.....)

I will wear scrubs in the OR. I will wear scrubs during any situation in which I KNOW there will be fluids splashing around like a grotesque water park ride. I will dress professionally (see previous paragraph) at all other times. Believe it or not, but your patients do not want to be treated by a 20-something little whippersnapper who's at work in his pajamas. They WANT to be treated by the 60 year old grayhair who still wears suspenders and a vest because he's too busy practicing medicine and being wise to keep up with fashion trends. They'll SETTLE for the 30-something with a 5 'o clock shadow who's professional and obviously working very hard to practice medicine well and save the world. If you're the smooth faced 20-something in pajamas, they're going to ask you how old you are and request the real doctor.

At least, that's how I would feel as a patient.

Members don't see this ad.

I wear them a lot b/c I get dropped off at school ~2-3 hrs before our first class and they're good for sleeping. You don't have to worry about them getting wrinkled or looking bad. When I come to school at a normal hour I dress normal.