haven't finalized yet. ok to add Schools and LoRs after amcas submission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uphillBattle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there ANY cons to this?

I may be in a situation where I'll need to submit my app on June 4th (so that its early) and then start adding medical schools and assigning LoRs to them afterwards.

This is because I haven't finalized my school list yet nor have all my LoRs come in yet.

I believe this should be fine UNTIL June 28th which is when data is submitted to schools correct?

This shouldn't delay the verification process and schools won't know this?

Members don't see this ad.

Are there ANY cons to this?

I may be in a situation where I'll need to submit my app on June 4th (so that its early) and then start adding medical schools and assigning LoRs to them afterwards.

This is because I haven't finalized my school list yet nor have all my LoRs come in yet.

I believe this should be fine UNTIL June 28th which is when data is submitted to schools correct?

This shouldn't delay the verification process and schools won't know this?

Yes, please do this so your app (grades) are verified and you send in you LORs before the first shipment of apps from am as to the schools.

Yes, please do this so your app (grades) are verified and you send in you LORs before the first shipment of apps from am as to the schools.

Thank you for your response.

To clarify you mean YES to submit early for grades and OK to add schools and letters after submission correct?

Thank you for your response.

To clarify you mean YES to submit early for grades and OK to add schools and letters after submission correct?

Yes, you can always add more schools and LORs later. Get your app ( ps, activities, grades) in ASAP but the letters can wait.