1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

haven't finished all but 2 prereq classes--disadvantaged?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by motivated dent, Jan 3, 2009.

1. motivated dent

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i was just checking out NYU's site and saw that they said students who have't finished all prereq before actually applying will be at a "disadvantage." does this hold true for a lot of schools? anyone gotten in to NYU's program without finishing all prereqs?

#1 motivated dent, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vlct0ria

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Hmm...for some reason I remember the programs I looked at saying that matriculation is conditional on finishing the pre-reqs (UF comes to mind)...I don't know anyone who didn't finish the pre-reqs. Which classes do you still need?

4. motivated dent

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i'm not applying till this summer so i still have next year. i just meant students who haven't taken all the prereqs before applying. i still need orgo II and calc II but have been holding out on them to finish up my degree.

5. DrEagleMike

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Calc II is required for NYU? I didn't get into NYU and I still have two required classes needed. But, I did get accepted to other schools even though I didn't have two of the prereq. classes.

I think you would overall do fine without having the classes by the time you apply. But if you are trying to get into a specific school, like NYU, then it might be worth your time calling them to make sure. And it wouldn't hurt to complete all your reqiured classes before applying if you can.

6. vlct0ria

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Oh yeah well then you're fine...although orgo II would be useful for the DAT, you don't need to complete the pre-reqs to apply, you just need to have them all finished before you enter dschool.