Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Havent heard a word...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by drmeathead, Nov 15, 2002.

1. drmeathead

drmeathead Membership Revoked
    Removed

Ist it abnormal not to have heard anything from anyone yet? I submitted to the clearing house on Aug 28. UMKC has told me that I they have professional relationships with other states so my residency hurt. The same with Florida. UMDNJ needed my LORs, as did WVU, VCU, and Louisville. The hold up was on AADAS as I had my letters in on Oct 11th. I have heard nothing from either Pitt or Temple, not even a "hey we got your check letter" from Pitt. Temple has my application "pulled". Do I risk being a pain in the ass and call these schools?

I did call Temple twice. The one time I called I foundout they only had part of my address. The second was to see if they got the email with my address like 1 week later.

I dont think I am a poor candidate nor am I exceptional. I have a 20/18 and a 3.1/2.8 from a top public school (The College of New Jersey) I have shadowed for 10 hours. Ihave done volunter work as a mentor for 2 years. I also played college baseball and even went on a misions trip to Nicaragua and Venzuela. I like said I am middle of the road but I feel like I am being treated as third class.

Anybody got anything for me?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Sorry to hear of your mailbox drought. You simply MUST contact these schools! Let them know that your address on file with other schools has been only partially listed, and that you are calling to make sure that they have your full and correct address listed.

Go ahead and politely use this to find out about your status. You are bound to get an interview or two by doing this (although don't hold me to it!).

Above all, call and find out what is happening with your application! You are a decently-early applicant, and for you not to have had any interviews by now indicates that something is wrong.

Hopefully, that something is not that you applied to wrong schools. From your stats, I think we can safely say that your school selection is fine, and that the problem lies within the admissions offices. Find out what the problem is!

Good luck to you!

:D

4. drmeathead

Removed

Gavin,

I called AADSAS today. They hadnt sent out my letters yet. SO I called back and asked to talk to someone in charge. That didnt work. I called all the schools to which I applied, or atleast I sent them an email to inform them of the holdup. I had my lawyer call the AADSAS this afternoon and the situation was taken care of promptly. A Miss Thompson was extremely nice and called every school to make sure that I had given them a complete application file. So now it is just sit tight and wait.

The lady said people will apply after the holiday so I amguessing interviews are still being made after December 1. If you interview at that point can they offer you a seat on the spot? I am not worried as the last person to get a seat still gets the same degree as candidate #1. Thanks alot.

Later
    Adam

5. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Nice. I wish I thought of that. I wish I had a lawyer. :clap:

DesiDentist

6. Pebbs

Pebbs Member
    7+ Year Member

if everybody did that, we'd get the most efficient service ever from AADSAS! nice going there!

7. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Oh yeah, many people get in after Dec. 1. And, as you said (or asked), the great thing about that is they can notify you anytime -- and this includes on the spot in an interview, if they so choose!

8. drmeathead

Removed

Gavin,

Thanks. I emailed Pitt. They are interested. the reason they havent sent me a letter is that they did not get my check. I sent it and will call the bank to see if Pitt lost it. To be safe I sent them a new one. I have unoffically been granted an interview once they start again in January

Adam