Haven't Heard Anything...Freaking Out!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rpatel8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just seeing if anyone else is in this position or if I need to give it more time.

My application was designated on 8/10 but not mailed until 9/2. I applied to 10 schools.

Stats:

GPA:
BCP- 3.76
Sci- 3.81
Overall- 3.81

DAT AA/TS/PAT
20/20/18

The only thing I have heard from any school is UoP and it said re-review at end of January :(

Members don't see this ad.

There are a lot of threads like this...

Your stats look great. Your issue is you probably sent out your AADSAS file too late (september is kinda late).

You'll probably be one of the first to get post december interviews. Don't worry!

I am just seeing if anyone else is in this position or if I need to give it more time.

My application was designated on 8/10 but not mailed until 9/2. I applied to 10 schools.

Stats:

GPA:
BCP- 3.76
Sci- 3.81
Overall- 3.81

DAT AA/TS/PAT
20/20/18

The only thing I have heard from any school is UoP and it said re-review at end of January :(

Did you have everything in by the mail-out date, 9/2? (LORs) I'd imagine it takes a few more days to hear from schools after the mail-out date. Then the processing time for secondaries and application fees. When did you submit your secondaries and fees for the 10 schools? Add some time to wait for the application complete email to see maybe how long they've been reviewing it.

Give it some time. Also, look at predents.com for the 10 schools. The 10 schools may be impacted with applications :) so maybe they haven't reviewed yours yet! It's a crazy long process, but it's what I tell myself to keep me sane.

Your stats are good by the way. Hopefully, the rest of your application looks good, and you should get interviews in no time!

Members don't see this ad :)

Stats:

GPA:
BCP- 3.76
Sci- 3.81
Overall- 3.81

DAT AA/TS/PAT
20/20/18

which schools have you sent your apps to? and you an international student?

My fees and such were received by most schools around 9/16.

MrAvicii: I applied to UNC, ECU, Boston, Tufts, Maryland, VCU, Lousiville, NYU, Pitt, UoP, Michigan and no, I am not an international student. My undergrad was completed at North Carolina State University.

MrAvicii: I applied to UNC, ECU, Boston, Tufts, Maryland, VCU, Lousiville, NYU, Pitt, UoP, Michigan and no, I am not an international student. My undergrad was completed at North Carolina State University.

so you have a US citizenship? i ask because if you are here on a Student Visa you are still considered international and that might be the issue.

Otherwise I'm just as stumped as you, are you sure there were no mistakes in your PS or LORs or any other letters of rec?

so you have a US citizenship? i ask because if you are here on a Student Visa you are still considered international and that might be the issue.

Otherwise I'm just as stumped as you, are you sure there were no mistakes in your PS or LORs or any other letters of rec?

Yes, I was born in the US. I'm pretty sure there were no mistakes in my PS but I do not know about my LORs as I did not read them.

Hey man, I went to NC State too (but graduated 2 yrs ago). I applied to all those schools except UoP, Michigan, and Pitt. Your stats are pretty good, I imagine you'll get an interview at ECU and UNC soon. I just received my ECU invite about 1.5 weeks back and I have stats that (GPA Wise) worse than yours. But I also have been calling up ECU admissions and talking to them. Maybe shoot them an email showing them your interest?

Yes, I was born in the US. I'm pretty sure there were no mistakes in my PS but I do not know about my LORs as I did not read them.

very weird stuff man. i figured NYU would def wanna call you. I know nothing bout UNC or ECU. Tufts and Bu are rolling out invites now. Pitt and Louisville have not invited me either so cant help you there.

Good luck! (there might be an issue with one of your letters or some sort of overlooked problem) ive never heard of anyone with your stats not getting a single interview. Thats exceptionally weird.

Did you score low on some section of the DAT? what were your individual dat sections?

With regards to UNC - there are 4 interview slots. Three of them are before the December Holidays and there is one session in early-mid January.

The only remaining interview slot (that has yet to offer interviews) is the January date. They tend to send out invites for this date in mid-December.

UNC typically likes to interview the exceptional out of state candidates, strong re-applicants, and exceptional in state applicants in the early sessions.

The average, but still competitive, in-state applicants tend to receive interviews in either November or January.

As such at the early interview dates you will observe a high percentage of OOS candidates and as you move closer to the January date, this percentage shifts heavily in favor of the in-state applicants.

There are 64 candidates at each session for a total of 256 interviewees each cycle.

Hope that helps somewhat.

very weird stuff man. i figured NYU would def wanna call you. I know nothing bout UNC or ECU. Tufts and Bu are rolling out invites now. Pitt and Louisville have not invited me either so cant help you there.

Good luck! (there might be an issue with one of your letters or some sort of overlooked problem) ive never heard of anyone with your stats not getting a single interview. Thats exceptionally weird.

Did you score low on some section of the DAT? what were your individual dat sections?

Individual DAT sections were:

Bio:19 GC:21 OC:21 Verbal:19 QR:19 PAT:18

uva09: thanks for the info. I didn't expect an UNC interview until January anyways since I submitted that supplemental fairly late. Thanks though

Individual DAT sections were:

Bio:19 GC:21 OC:21 Verbal:19 QR:19 PAT:18

weird man. your scores are fine. There must be an error somewhere in your application or one of your LORs must have written a really bad letter about you. I cant see what else it could be.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats are very good so I'm sure you'll get something soon, unless....

I have heard stories from admissions officers of horrendous LOEs that derailed people's chances such as an interviewer writing something like: "In my 25 years of teaching, I've never had a student who couldn't work in a group and was so disruptive to the learning process and blah blah blah." Hopefully you don't have one of these in your app.

Don't feel too bad. I sent AADSAS on June 23, finished everything by July 18 and I have not heard from any school beside UCSF (and it's a post-December interview at that).

My stats are

3.45 GPA
3.33 GPA
24 AA / 23 TS / 24 PAT

I applied to 10 schools and only heard from UCSF... I feel like crap

As I said to another applicant in a similar position, you applied late. However, given your excellent stats, you should hold out for late Nov/post-Dec 1st interviews. Your stats are pretty solid - I would not want to be up against that hardware. Good luck!

Do you guys think that the 18 PAT would hold me back from getting interviews?

Do you guys think that the 18 PAT would hold me back from getting interviews?

I would not think so for every school. However, some schools value PAT extremely heavily. Read doc tootache's guide to which schools value what sections the most.

Do school send out interview offers during December (winter break) or do they wait until January to start again?

Do school send out interview offers during December (winter break) or do they wait until January to start again?

I have no idea, but I think interviews are probably on-going. I would imagine that it would still continue during December. Also, every school is probably different.

If you get invites in January, it might be for an interview in February or later. At the earliest, late January.

I think they still send invitations, but most don't actually do interviews during break. Not positive though.

Well I am still waiting to hear anything. Called schools and they confirmed my application was complete. Don't know what went wrong but this is depressing. Hopefully I start hearing about post-dec interviews soon

Well I am still waiting to hear anything. Called schools and they confirmed my application was complete. Don't know what went wrong but this is depressing. Hopefully I start hearing about post-dec interviews soon

Hey rpatel, i'm in the same boat here... mailed out 9/9, few schools sent me app complete before that (during August)...

sGPA 3.97
oGPA 3.95

DAT AA 21/TS 20/PAT 21/QR 20/RC 19

Have 3 years of dental school overseas, and reasonable ECs....

I'm hoping for post-dec interviews! but its nerve recking!!!

good luck to us!

Last edited:
Hey rpatel, i'm in the same boat here... mailed out 9/9, few schools sent me app complete before that (during August)...

sGPA 3.97
oGPA 3.95

DAT AA 21/TS 20/PAT 21/QR 20/RC 19

Have 3 years of dental school overseas, and reasonable ECs....

I'm hoping for post-dec interviews! but its nerve recking!!!

good lick to us!

I think the interviews are going very slow. Do you guys think that these schools (NYU, Boston, Tufts..) think that you are not a serious applicant because of your high stats? I didn't get an interview from these schools and I applied at the end of august.