Haven't heard anything from any schools so far

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgoblue2015

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to a large amount of MD and DO schools and still have yet to get an interview. Is this a bad sign and should I be looking for backup plans, or is it too early still?

Members don't see this ad.

It's not a good thing. If you would reapply next year, make sure you're spending your time this year in a way that'll look favorable next time around.

When were you complete at these schools? Did you apply broadly?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to a large amount of MD and DO schools and still have yet to get an interview. Is this a bad sign and should I be looking for backup plans, or is it too early still?

I'd say it depends entirely on when you applied/were marked complete, which schools you applied to (did you apply broadly and smartly?) and what your app looks like (stats, EC's, LORs, etc).

I was complete at most schools by the end of August. My stats are 28 MCAT, 3.55 GPA, good research, volunteering, etc.

I applied very broadly and to schools where I actually have a chance. I did not apply to any reaches other than my current school.

I was complete at most schools by the end of August. My stats are 28 MCAT, 3.55 GPA, good research, volunteering, etc.

I applied very broadly and to schools where I actually have a chance. I did not apply to any reaches other than my current school.

I would say it's typical for you to have not heard anything yet being complete end of August given that it's early October. It takes a while for adcoms to wade through all of the apps.

You can always check the school specific threads for the schools you applied to. Many SDNers will post when they get IIs/hold statuses/ rejections, along with the dates they were complete. It gives you an idea of where the adcoms are in their stacks of apps (given that a lot of them review in order of completion date).

I can tell you that most of the schools I applied to are just now getting to the August complete apps. (I too was complete late August at most schools). You just might start hearing back in the next few weeks. Best of luck to you! :luck:

Reactions: 1 users
I would say it's typical for you to have not heard anything yet being complete end of August given that it's early October. It takes a while for adcoms to wade through all of the apps.

You can always check the school specific threads for the schools you applied to. Many SDNers will post when they get IIs/hold statuses/ rejections, along with the dates they were complete. It gives you an idea of where the adcoms are in their stacks of apps (given that a lot of them review in order of completion date).

I can tell you that most of the schools I applied to are just now getting to the August complete apps. (I too was complete late August at most schools). You just might start hearing back in the next few weeks. Best of luck to you! :luck:

Yeah for the August completions I understand the wait, but I also completed a great deal of applications in July and still haven't heard any positive updates. I was rejected by a handful of schools already though.

Yeah for the August completions I understand the wait, but I also completed a great deal of applications in July and still haven't heard any positive updates. I was rejected by a handful of schools already though.

I definitely think you have a strong chance at most DO schools. For MD schools, they usually interview the highest stat people first and filter down. You still have a chance as long as you didn't pick MD schools that accept mostly in-state applicants. Be careful because a lot of schools with lower MCAT medians accept only in-state people or they accept people with a certain quality that they want.

Patience is a virtue, and the need for instant gratification is not.

I have been waiting since July and have seen people get interviews in threads to most schools I applied to. The fact that I applied to many schools and have yet to obtain an interview intrigues me enough to ask if it's good or bad news.

Many schools do not have large admissions staffs.

MD schools get anywhere from 6000-13000+ apps. It takes time to go through them all.

Candidates come with different strengths. The higher strength ones got taken care of first. Give them time...they're work their way through the piles to you.

If you applied smartly and strategically, the news will be good.

I have been waiting since July and have seen people get interviews in threads to most schools I applied to. The fact that I applied to many schools and have yet to obtain an interview intrigues me enough to ask if it's good or bad news.