Haven't Heard Anything

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoWaY29

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I applied to 34 schools. I know that’s a lot. I submitted most of my applications in the beginning of the cycle in June and add a few in the beginning of July. I haven’t heard back from anywhere except 5 schools that I got rejected from, which were UNLV, Nova, Oklahoma, Midwestern-AZ and UMKC.

DAT AA: 19

Total Science: 19

Undergrad GPA: 2.9

Masters GPA: 3.8

State of Residence: Illinois

Shadow Hours: 5600 hours between 2 locations

Research: 450 hours

Schools applied to:

VCU

Midwestern-IL

Temple

Roseman

LECOM

AT Stills Missouri and Arizona

Tufts

Louisville

SIU

Kentucky

Boston

Touro

New England

University of Oklahoma, Tennessee, Buffalo, Detroit, Maryland

NYU

UT San Antonia

MeHarry

West Virginia University

Creighton

Texas A&M

Tufts

I do not know if I have good chances. I know my undergraduate GPA is low. I would really appreciate people’s thoughts and help.

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, something must be a red flag on your app. I wouldn't think GPA or ECs though. Your DAT is a bit low. How was your personal statement? Did you have others review it? Also, some of the schools you applied to are NOT out-of-state friendly (like Oklahoma). There is still a chance for post-December interviews though. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am pretty sure something is amiss here!

Did you by mistake press yes to a question asking about school violations or criminal records?

Was your PS not good?

Maybe u should apply more. JK. i think it your DAT is low

34 schools seems like too much to me:scared:. I think 18-20 should be the max and if the student doesn't hear from any of those then there is a problem somewhere in the application and there is no point in adding more school$$$. That being said, you're stats are a little low but I have heard of people with lower stats getting in, so I think you may hear from schools post december assuming there are no other major red flags in your application

In my opinion, something must be a red flag on your app. I wouldn't think GPA or ECs though. Your DAT is a bit low. How was your personal statement? Did you have others review it? Also, some of the schools you applied to are NOT out-of-state friendly (like Oklahoma). There is still a chance for post-December interviews though. Good luck.
Yaaa I had some friends of mine in dental school read my personal statement as well as the dentists that I worked. With.

Reactions: 1 user
I am pretty sure something is amiss here!

Did you by mistake press yes to a question asking about school violations or criminal records?

Was your PS not good?
Noo I didn’t press anything wrong. I had people check my PS

Thanks everyone who replied. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to contact the schools I got rejected from and ask why I got rejected. That way maybe I’d hav a better idea of why I haven’t heard back

Thanks everyone who replied. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to contact the schools I got rejected from and ask why I got rejected. That way maybe I’d hav a better idea of why I haven’t heard back
Yes, of course.

What was your DAT breakdown? Maybe you didn't meet the min cutoff for some of the sections