HarCho

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2008
Texas
Status
Dental Student
So i've really been stressing out because i really haven't heard back from any of the school that i applied to. No rejection or interviews. Should i be worried? And do i still have a chance?

Selso2109

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Status
Dental Student
I would guess that it really depends on what your stats are. I think once the first round of acceptances make their decision and cancel their remaining interviews or turn down the other offers of admission that they have received, more doors are going to open up for other applicants.

About the Ads

HarCho

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2008
Texas
Status
Dental Student
I applied at the end of august. By the time my LOE's were in it was the beginning of October. I have fairly decent stats.

3.3 science, 3.4 overall. and a 20 AA an 18 on perceptual.

Hysteria24

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Most schools will send out their second round of acceptances in mid January. That is right when the 45 day window to put down a deposit closes for all those accepted on Dec 1st, and then these schools know how many more spots they need to fill.

It is unlikely you will hear anything before then. Think of that day as your new "Dec 1st." That's when I got my good news last year! Its no fun playing the waiting game, but at this point just understand that there is a lot of time still left in this cycle.

klutzy1987

StudyingSucks Letsgo Mets
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2008
New York
Status
Dental Student
You havent had any interviews yet??? If thats the case, I would start calling up trhe schools and ask them what the deal is.

Hysteria24

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You havent had any interviews yet???
Whoops... I should read the these threads more carefully. :oops:

I take back what I said above, because step 1 is getting an interview, and step 2 is getting aa acceptance. I didn't realize you were still on step 1.

You can do what klutzy mentioned. Give them a ring and see what they have to say.

About the Ads