Haven't heard back from NYU yet.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krnkimsung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
People with mailing date 7/30 started hearing back from NYU today.

My mailing date was 7/2 and all my letters/DAT were sent out and I even got an email on 7/23 that they will start reviewing my apps.

I am a CA resident, and I have alright GPA (3.56, 3.67 Sci) and alright DAT (23/23/23) but I don't know why I haven't got an interview yet...

Anyone with similar stat and still waiting for NYU?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Kim..same boat as you..mailing date 7/9 and received app complete email on 7/23, no updates after that. My Gpa is 3.77 o and 3.67 sci, my Dat is 20 (so lower than yours)Graduate degree from NYU, 3.47.. No idea in what order they are reviewing these apps....

Hey Kim..same boat as you..mailing date 7/9 and received app complete email on 7/23, no updates after that. My Gpa is 3.77 o and 3.67 sci, my Dat is 20 (so lower than yours)Graduate degree from NYU, 3.47.. No idea in what order they are reviewing these apps....

Okay. It's relieving to know someone out there with the similar situation. :)

I never understand the order that they review the app. I mean all DS for that matter. To be honest... all schools have been telling me how important it is to submit as early as possible (only if you're competitive applicant) ... but from what I have seen so far... it doesn't even look like they review the app in order anyway.

Waiting is all we can do now.

Members don't see this ad :)
my mailing date for AADSAS was 7/2, and I got the application complete from NYU email on 8/10.

I also have heard nothing yet...
My stats are worse than yours (3.19 oGPA, 3.06 sciGPA), DAT also worse than yours (23AA/20TS/21PA)

I wish I could just call and ask the order in which these apps are being reviwed...someone somewhere else has mentioned that they are going by application complete date..but clearly not..

im 7/30 mailing but 8/20 DAT mailing. haven't heard from them (and 14 other schools :p) either.

Okay so I never post, but I can't help but respond to this! I am in the 7/2 batch and have not heard back from NYU either!! So very frustrating.. It's already Sept and we need enough time to book plane tickets and such! Ugh each day becomes more painful :/

NYU doesn't seem to interview people with too high stats :) They know that you will get into other schools and most likely not come to their school :p

NYU doesn't seem to interview people with too high stats :) They know that you will get into other schools and most likely not come to their school :p

Apparently so. My app was completed on 7/16 and I haven't heard from them yet. My GPA is 3.7 and my DAT is 24/24/22. Would have liked to save on having to fly to NYC twice, but oh well... but I can't blame them. They're not exactly at the top of my list either.

Last edited:
Apparently so. My app was completed on 7/16 and I haven't heard from them yet. My GPA is 3.7 and my DAT is 24/24/22. Would have liked to save on having to fly to NYC twice, but oh well...

Same here, but don't worry, you will get into other schools. NYU is your back-up, right?

NYU has probably passed on everyone with 8/13 or prior complete and 7/30 mailing date :(

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU has probably passed on everyone with 8/13 or prior complete and 7/30 mailing date :(

EFFFF!!
I only spent like 2 hours writing the Penn supplemental too, not to mention my stats are too low.
Now my chances rest on BU, UoP, and Temple, and it doesn't seem Temple has received my money order yet either. DAMN IT!

I've also noticed a trend for NYU. If you apply early, you get early interview invites. There is very rarely anyone who apply early and get a late interview (first few batches getting december onwards). This is from looking at predents and various posts on sdn. I have yet to see anything that deviates from this.

So, it leads me to conclude that NYU only really goes through an application once :(

I think by the end of this upcoming week, if you were in the first few batches and you don't have an invite, you have almost no chance :(

I've also noticed a trend for NYU. If you apply early, you get early interview invites. There is very rarely anyone who apply early and get a late interview (first few batches getting december onwards). This is from looking at predents and various posts on sdn. I have yet to see anything that deviates from this.

So, it leads me to conclude that NYU only really goes through an application once :(

I think by the end of this upcoming week, if you were in the first few batches and you don't have an invite, you have almost no chance :(

i really hope you're wrong.... lol

i really hope you're wrong.... lol

The majority of the interviews for the first few batches on predents are before january. There really aren't many june or july applicants that receive interviews in January or onwards :( Maybe 4 or 5 out of the 180 interviewed on predents.

But you can bet that they are the ones with DAT retakes or academic updates. Something that revives the application significantly?

I really hope that I am wrong too :lol: Maybe I am spending too much time thinking about these things =3=

Last edited:

you might be right, i was going to say that i did hear the super expensive private schools like NYU and BU dont interview alot of students with super good GPAs because they assume they're a safety. i mean my grades are def on the low end.... :p that being said i feel like there's this big black hole of admissions deciding who gets and interview or not that no one (not even adcoms) really get

EFFFF!!
I only spent like 2 hours writing the Penn supplemental too, not to mention my stats are too low.
Now my chances rest on BU, UoP, and Temple, and it doesn't seem Temple has received my money order yet either. DAMN IT!

dont worry about it! you still have plenty of time :luck::xf: im sure you'll get an interview somewhere

My app was completed on 8/20. Here's to hoping :(

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Italian princess are your stats posted on predents?

and everybody said NYU was the school where if you don't get an interview, you won't get an interview anywhere else =(

dude you guys are really scaring me...my mailing date was 7/9 and I received an email on 7/12.

My overall GPA is 3.95 and Science GPA is 3.96...yes NYU is my safety school...do you guys really think that they exclude high GPA's because of this? :(

My overall GPA is 3.95 and Science GPA is 3.96...yes NYU is my safety school...do you guys really think that they exclude high GPA's because of this? :(

It is a likely possibility but you shouldn't be discouraged. With stats like yours, I'm sure you will get in where you want to. I have not heard from NYU and I was in the 2nd mail batch. My stats are way under yours so I'm guessing no interview for NYU :( On a side note, I heard their interview lunch was amazing....

Nothing from NYU either, 7/16 mailing date.
3.77, 23AA/19PAT

I am Canadian, though, so that's probably why.

and everybody said NYU was the school where if you don't get an interview, you won't get an interview anywhere else =(

is that because you have low stats? i see you applied to BU as well, you still have a shot of getting an interview! don't lose hope this early on

dude you guys are really scaring me...my mailing date was 7/9 and I received an email on 7/12.

unless you did terribly on your DAT you'll DEF get interviews at other schools! i wish i had your gpas :luck:

If you really want to go to NYU for an inteview, just call them up. I'm sure they can give you one if you show that you are determined to go there.

And I am sorry if I offended anyone with my previous comment!

If you really want to go to NYU for an inteview, just call them up. I'm sure they can give you one if you show that you are determined to go there.

And I am sorry if I offended anyone with my previous comment!

I don't think calling schools and telling them that you want an interview is a good idea :confused:

Hope everyone having a nice holiday. Hope we can all get an interview invite this week :oops:.

I heard this too
and I haven't heard anything from NYU either
ughhh this is terrible...

I think that thought is silly. There are plenty of people who did not get an interview at NYU that got interviews and eventual acceptances at other schools.

People with mailing date 7/30 started hearing back from NYU today.

My mailing date was 7/2 and all my letters/DAT were sent out and I even got an email on 7/23 that they will start reviewing my apps.

I am a CA resident, and I have alright GPA (3.56, 3.67 Sci) and alright DAT (23/23/23) but I don't know why I haven't got an interview yet...

Anyone with similar stat and still waiting for NYU?

Thanks,

Still No invitation. I think I didn't pass the first screening, which means... to a rejection pile sooner or later.

Still No invitation. I think I didn't pass the first screening, which means... to a rejection pile sooner or later.
I dont think u can jump to that conclusion.....for real.....i know its hard to wait like this.....but i am confident that I (and you) will get an interview at NYU.....i havnt heard yet either....but ive been given 2 elsewhere.....they have a lot of seats to fill and its really still quite early in the invite game (i know it doesnt feel like it but it is...this is my 4th app cycle and i understand ur stress)
U'll be fine.....take a break from sdn.....its addictive and will make u go crazy watching everyone else getting interviews ;)

yeah, i haven't received anything from them either - only maryland - which was arguably the most selective school i applied to. getting slightly nervous!

I think anyone who has mailed their app pre-aug and do not get an interview this week (maybe next week too, doubt it), that the chances of getting any kind of interview drops down a lot. Meaning they have looked at your application already and have put it in another pile.

Interview invite for NYU today scheduled for October 14th. My aadsas mailing date was july 30th.

Interview invite for NYU today scheduled for October 14th. My aadsas mailing date was july 30th.

how did they contact you?

my friends who recently graduated from nyu dental said they werent even given interviews, just got accepted lol. does anyone know if nyu still does that with people with good gpa and DAT?

I think anyone who has mailed their app pre-aug and do not get an interview this week (maybe next week too, doubt it), that the chances of getting any kind of interview drops down a lot. Meaning they have looked at your application already and have put it in another pile.

This is what I'm thinking too.

This is what I'm thinking too.
"THINK" away...it wont help.... "what you think".....it'll only drive u nuts....Everyone on this site "THINKS" they know something...most of them dont know anything....they're all just kids coming out of undergrad with no experience in life. The only thing u can do is wait.....there's a lot of time left....u never know when u'll get an invite somewhere.

how did they contact you?

my friends who recently graduated from nyu dental said they werent even given interviews, just got accepted lol. does anyone know if nyu still does that with people with good gpa and DAT?

They contacted me via email, and then you have to call to schedule the date of your interview. I am pretty sure they are interviewing every day, or Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, but all of the Monday and Fridays were full through October. And I don't think you will get accepted without an interview, but there were people that interviewed in late March that got in last year. They interview a lot of people and it is rolling admissions, so I wouldn't be freaking out just quite yet.

"THINK" away...it wont help.... "what you think".....it'll only drive u nuts....Everyone on this site "THINKS" they know something...most of them dont know anything....they're all just kids coming out of undergrad with no experience in life. The only thing u can do is wait.....there's a lot of time left....u never know when u'll get an invite somewhere.

I agree 100% but that being said,

I think by 2nd week of Oct, It is safe to assume that it is all over ( if they have not gotten an interview) for someone who had his/her application completed in July or mid Aug for a school that has been giving out interviews from Aug.

Some schools do not give you a rejection letter till very late but that does not mean you have a chanse.

it's not over till it's over

it's true it's not over till class starts! just stay patient and it will come! now or later

WRONG

it's not over til class starts!!!!!!!!!

I only wish I believed in what I say.....
i had a buddy who was waitlisted at MWU...in my masters program.....someone didn't show up for orientation....he got called......immediately flew in from Michigan......its not over til class starts is true!!
And for all of you who dont think u cant get interviews after October..ur wrong, wrong, wrong.....I didnt even apply til october last year and got a december 9 interview.....
Plus...my buddy got a february interview at NYU and was accepted...not waitlisted...accepted.......
Dont bury your heads so deep in the sand guys and gals......its just too early to start doubting yourselves........keep ur chins up!!