Haven't heard back from these schools yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krnkimsung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My mailing date was 7/2 and all my letters/DAT were sent out.

I am a CA resident, and I have alright GPA (3.56, 3.67 Sci) from UC Berkeley and alright DAT (23/23/23) with a decent amount of extracurricular/volunteering activities. But I haven't heard back from these schools yet...

UCLA, UCSF, Columbia, UOP, NYU

It seems like pre-december interview chances are very slim at this point. Anyone in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

How many other interviews do you have with that stats

Yes, I am in the exact same boat. I have similar stats to yours and a mailing date of 7/23. I am from CA also and I applied to UCSF, UCLA, and UoP. The only thing I have heard from them is that my app is complete and under review. I think for guys like us Jan-March is going to bring some interviews:xf: (I only have 1 Jan interview at this point). This cycle must be pretty darn competitive.

Members don't see this ad :)
My mailing date was 7/2 and all my letters/DAT were sent out.

I am a CA resident, and I have alright GPA (3.56, 3.67 Sci) from UC Berkeley and alright DAT (23/23/23) with a decent amount of extracurricular/volunteering activities. But I haven't heard back from these schools yet...

UCLA, UCSF, Columbia, UOP, NYU

It seems like pre-december interview chances are very slim at this point. Anyone in the same boat?

Don't kid yourself those are NOT "alright" stats. Those are pretty AMAZING stats. I would say just chill...those cali schools have a lot of cali applicants and probably take a long time re-evaluating all those cali residents. I haven't heard from columbia or NYU but I still have hope they will have interviews left for november and at the least post dec for us.

me tooooo
I'm sooooo jealous of the kids who got interviews at UCLA/UCSF/UoP/Columbia :(

:wtf:

Things are officially nucking futs when a 23/3.6 from Berkeley goes 0 for 5 on that list. Sit tight, invites have to be coming your way at some point.

For real. Check out predents and you'll see students with lesser stats getting interviews and that is a small sample size. Maybe you had such strong stats they assumed every school would send you an invite? So they just passed. J/k

Superb stats, bro. I got an interview at UCSF with lower stats. From reading the UCLA thread, it seems as if UCLA is interviewing super geniuses with TS scores of 25+. UCSF seems to be looking for that "something else" (maybe personal statement or other factors?).

I have yet to hear from UOP, Columbia, or NYU. But from what I gleaned off my interviews, people that had interviews at UOP were all from OOS. That's a small sample size though, and I'm sure UOP has been interviewing CA people for some time now. I don't know many CA people that interviewed at NYU or Columbia so lets keep our fingers crossed! :xf:

does Official DAT still show up as not received for Columbia for anyone? bc mine does....and they are pretty bad at responding...I also had the problem with "check not received" e-mail. Which I did clear up with them eventually.