Haven't heard from any school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vaio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yep, haven't heard back from any school...my stats: science GPA 3.5, non-science GPA 3.77, dat 20/19/19.... Negatives: non-trad, some community college work, 17s in chem and o.chem on the dat, not a lot of extra-curiculars. Should I start worrying. I applied in july, took my dat at the end of august.

I have total 3 C's on my transcripts, and two of them are in O.Chem classes. So I suck at O.Chem, that's another negative. I seem to be focusing on all possible negatives.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Vaio, it would help if you tell us which schools you applied to, since some schools are really slllloooowww with the processing. :rolleyes:

vaio said:
yep, haven't heard back from any school...my stats: science GPA 3.5, non-science GPA 3.77, dat 20/19/19.... Negatives: non-trad, some community college work, 17s in chem and o.chem on the dat, not a lot of extra-curiculars. Should I start worrying. I applied in july, took my dat at the end of august.

I have total 3 C's on my transcripts, and two of them are in O.Chem classes. So I suck at O.Chem, that's another negative. I seem to be focusing on all possible negatives.

When were your apps actually sent out? What schools did you apply to? No secondaries? No communication at all?

Utes

Members don't see this ad :)
i applied to quite a few schools,including many private schools; CA schools, NYU, BU, Temple, case, nova, tufts.
I did get the secondaries. But it seems like most ppl are getting interviews by now. I applied mid-july. Took the dat end of august. From aadsas website it says my app. was mailed aug. 11, and then revisions sept 29?

Same here. :( Nothing from any of schools. I've done everything..........try to call NYU, they are very messy. They missplaced my check and DAT scores. Good that I called them and asked what is going on with my application.

Ninchik said:
Same here. :( Nothing from any of schools. I've done everything..........try to call NYU, they are very messy. They missplaced my check and DAT scores. Good that I called them and asked what is going on with my application.

Hehehe... I called them yesterday and they don't have my DAT scores and letters of recommendation. They seem to be really nice in trying to helping out when you talk to them though. :)

Add me to the list of people who haven't heard anything...

My DAT scores aren't so hot (18/17/15), app. mailed on Aug. 4th. Everything is in. Sci GPA = 3.20, Overal ~ 3.45, Non-Sci = 3.6. I've done the secondaries that schools have sent me as well.

Already got rejected from UNLV (see the rejection thread).

I'm at least expecting to hear from NYU, BU, Tufts, or Nova, or Marquette, but Marquette said a few weeks ago that if I didn't get an interview invite within a week from when I called them, then I may be interviewed later. The way I look at it is that schools are interviewing the top students first, and working their way down.

I just hope there's a spot for me at the end.

I was really hoping to at least get one interview by this time.

Waiting and waiting... refreshing, checking mail...

vaio said:
i applied to quite a few schools,including many private schools; CA schools, NYU, BU, Temple, case, nova, tufts.
I did get the secondaries. But it seems like most ppl are getting interviews by now. I applied mid-july. Took the dat end of august. From aadsas website it says my app. was mailed aug. 11, and then revisions sept 29?

my app also went out on august 11th to schools as well I would call the schools becasue I have heard from most of the schools I wanted to hear from. My stats aren's that good either and I have ton of CC work. Look at it this way, Interview does not mean an acceptance. there are people out there who have had only one interview and got in and there are people out there who have had 4-5 interviews and did not get in. Just relax and you will hear from them soon.