SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Havent yet heard from any schools

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by davematthews, Apr 10, 2007.

1. davematthews

davematthews Senior Member 5+ Year Member

Jul 7, 2004
    I received a rejection from RCSI but have not heard from any other schools this cycle. I was wondering where others are at in the process. I turned in my applications right before the Jan deadline- have a biochem masters degree. 3.86 grad gpa, 3.3 undergrad, 28 MCAT- I had a few years of very poor grades in undergrad my fresh and soph years.
    Any comments on the general strength of my numbers fo Ireland schools would also be greatly appreciated.
    thanks all.
    peace

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. zeyad

zeyad Soon-to-be resident 10+ Year Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Where did you apply? I think only RCSI have given out acceptances thus far..

4. davematthews

Jul 7, 2004
    I applied to all four through ABP...

5. zeyad

zeyad Soon-to-be resident 10+ Year Member

Apr 16, 2006
    I know that Trinity sent rejections a bit ago. Other than that, I think the other Irish unis (bar RCSI) haven't handed out decisions yet.

6. Coccinelle

Coccinelle 2+ Year Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Toronto
    I'm surprised at some of the rejections RCSI has made, you have great stats Davematthews... Other than RCSI, some early Trinity rejections and one UCD early acceptance, none of us have heard anything. I spoke to ABP yesterday and they told me that UCD is significantly behind this year and that they haven't made any decisions at all yet. Trinity is also taking longer than previous years. Check out the "Let's make a pact" thread for updates.
    Good luck! :luck:

7. davematthews

Jul 7, 2004
    Thanks Zeyad- Do my numbers seem competitive together with my masters degree?

8. JediBookworm

JediBookworm Junior Member 5+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2006
    UCC + Trinity - Rejections, no acceptances yet

RCSI - First round of interviews over, acceptances/rejections (4 & 6 yr) sent out

UCD - Only one early acceptance, no other acceptances/rejections

9. davematthews

Jul 7, 2004
    Thanks for the replies all-

10. Trauma Junkie

Trauma Junkie 2+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2007
    davematthews, this reply won't help you out much...but I am curious nonetheless.

I applied to RCSI and UCD for the six year programs. I know UCD has sent out nothing but I have literally heard nothing from RCSI. Not a rejection, not an interview. Are there any others in that boat?

11. vsailor

vsailor

Apr 12, 2007
    hey traumajunkie,

I applied 6 year, had an interview on March 27 and heard back yesterday. Apparently there are first round and second round interviews and acceptances so you might still get a spot. Good Luck!

12. rayne101

rayne101 2+ Year Member

Feb 27, 2007

I've got to say...I'm still waiting on my RCSI decision and I did the interview. It's getting kind of ridiculous. I have a feeling that ABP knows I'm rejected and that they're just being morons in delaying my rejection letter a la McDuck. Frickin ridiculous...