Havent yet heard from any schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davematthews

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a rejection from RCSI but have not heard from any other schools this cycle. I was wondering where others are at in the process. I turned in my applications right before the Jan deadline- have a biochem masters degree. 3.86 grad gpa, 3.3 undergrad, 28 MCAT- I had a few years of very poor grades in undergrad my fresh and soph years.
Any comments on the general strength of my numbers fo Ireland schools would also be greatly appreciated.
thanks all.
peace

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you apply? I think only RCSI have given out acceptances thus far..

I applied to all four through ABP...

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that Trinity sent rejections a bit ago. Other than that, I think the other Irish unis (bar RCSI) haven't handed out decisions yet.

I'm surprised at some of the rejections RCSI has made, you have great stats Davematthews... Other than RCSI, some early Trinity rejections and one UCD early acceptance, none of us have heard anything. I spoke to ABP yesterday and they told me that UCD is significantly behind this year and that they haven't made any decisions at all yet. Trinity is also taking longer than previous years. Check out the "Let's make a pact" thread for updates.
Good luck! :luck:

Thanks Zeyad- Do my numbers seem competitive together with my masters degree?

UCC + Trinity - Rejections, no acceptances yet

RCSI - First round of interviews over, acceptances/rejections (4 & 6 yr) sent out

UCD - Only one early acceptance, no other acceptances/rejections

Thanks for the replies all-

davematthews, this reply won't help you out much...but I am curious nonetheless.

I applied to RCSI and UCD for the six year programs. I know UCD has sent out nothing but I have literally heard nothing from RCSI. Not a rejection, not an interview. Are there any others in that boat?

hey traumajunkie,

I applied 6 year, had an interview on March 27 and heard back yesterday. Apparently there are first round and second round interviews and acceptances so you might still get a spot. Good Luck!

UCC + Trinity - Rejections, no acceptances yet

RCSI - First round of interviews over, acceptances/rejections (4 & 6 yr) sent out

UCD - Only one early acceptance, no other acceptances/rejections

I've got to say...I'm still waiting on my RCSI decision and I did the interview. It's getting kind of ridiculous. I have a feeling that ABP knows I'm rejected and that they're just being *****s in delaying my rejection letter a la McDuck. Frickin ridiculous...