Having medical license but not Board Eligible or Certified.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I have the full unrestricted medical license and DEA
I am not board eligible and certified.
what are my best options regarding career wise? Please guide me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the full unrestricted medical license and DEA
I am not board eligible and certified.
what are my best options regarding career wise? Please guide me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I was in your position (not by choice: I'm in the Navy, which likes to break up your training sometimes, making you do a general medical officer tour in between PGY-1 and -2 years), I worked at an urgent care for 3 years part time. They didn't seem to care that I wasn't fully residency trained. Low acuity stuff.

You could probably find work, but you're better off seeking another residency. You're kinda dead in the water in this country if you're not residency trained.

Reactions: 1 user
Most of the people told me about urgent cares.
sometimes I feel like opening up my own clinic
You won't be able to accept almost any insurance, so unless you've got some business savvy that makes you think you can get people paying out of pocket you're stuck in that regard.

Prisons, some Indian Health Service posts, and the military will take docs that only have licenses in some cases. You could also reach out to recruiters with regard to insurance physicals, which can pay decent.

Reactions: 1 user
My friend is working for Indian Health Service with one yr residency training and he does really well (~200k/yr with outstanding benefits).