Having medical license but not Board Eligible or Certified.

About the Ads

DrMetal

To shred or not shred?
10+ Year Member
Navy
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2008
  1. Attending Physician
    I have the full unrestricted medical license and DEA
    I am not board eligible and certified.
    what are my best options regarding career wise? Please guide me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I was in your position (not by choice: I'm in the Navy, which likes to break up your training sometimes, making you do a general medical officer tour in between PGY-1 and -2 years), I worked at an urgent care for 3 years part time. They didn't seem to care that I wasn't fully residency trained. Low acuity stuff.

You could probably find work, but you're better off seeking another residency. You're kinda dead in the water in this country if you're not residency trained.

Reactions: 1 user

Mad Jack

Critically Caring
    7+ Year Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    4th Dimension
      Most of the people told me about urgent cares.
      sometimes I feel like opening up my own clinic
      You won't be able to accept almost any insurance, so unless you've got some business savvy that makes you think you can get people paying out of pocket you're stuck in that regard.

Prisons, some Indian Health Service posts, and the military will take docs that only have licenses in some cases. You could also reach out to recruiters with regard to insurance physicals, which can pay decent.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.