Having trouble jumping onto the Goljan bandwagon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know, it just seems like RR is going to take me forever. I tried to read a chapter last night and felt kind of overwhelmed by it. Maybe I just picked a bad chapter (Acid-Base)? I feel much more comfortable with BRS but am scared to abandon Goljan and miss important info. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know, it just seems like RR is going to take me forever. I tried to read a chapter last night and felt kind of overwhelmed by it. Maybe I just picked a bad chapter (Acid-Base)? I feel much more comfortable with BRS but am scared to abandon Goljan and miss important info. Any advice?

Just do what works best for you and use the source you're most comfortable with. I'm a big Goljan fan b/c he brings so many things together and helps me to understand the big picture which helps making the minutia easier to understand. I'm not so sure I'd like his RR quite as much if I didn't have the accompanying audio.

Jeebus is right, there are quite a few people who never listen to a word Goljan says and do great. I've also seen a few posts from people who listened to Goljan repeatedly and barely broke 200. Use whatever helps you learn path the best, even if it means going off the beaten path.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can't go wrong with either BRS or RR Path. I agree with the above posts completely. Maybe just use BRS path and then look at the pics in RR, etc. Best of luck.

pathology is pathology. use whatever source works for you. use both if you want (certain chapters from one book, certain chapters from the other) if that works for you! be flexible...