Having trouble reaching AMCAS - Application On Hold

May 23, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all,

I submitted my application on June 2, and it was marked "Ready for Review" by AMCAS upon submission. Both of my transcripts were received by AMCAS well before this date and they were marked received.

I just checked my application, and on July 3 my application was placed "On Hold". There was no description, and I received no email about this. I just noticed this yesterday. I'm attaching an image that shows what it looks like:

1591881503139.png

Has anyone seen this before? My transcripts have been received and have been processed by AMCAS so I'm not sure why this is. I've tried contacting AMCAS via phone but they won't pick up my call at any hour due to "higher than average call volumes". I did send them an email. Is this just a visual glitch and my application is still being processed?

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hi all,

I submitted my application on June 2, and it was marked "Ready for Review" by AMCAS upon submission. Both of my transcripts were received by AMCAS well before this date and they were marked received.

I just checked my application, and on July 3 my application was placed "On Hold". There was no description, and I received no email about this. I just noticed this yesterday. I'm attaching an image that shows what it looks like:

View attachment 309653

Has anyone seen this before? My transcripts have been received and have been processed by AMCAS so I'm not sure why this is. I've tried contacting AMCAS via phone but they won't pick up my call at any hour due to "higher than average call volumes". I did send them an email. Is this just a visual glitch and my application is still being processed?
T
Purely as a guess, the buffer is full. they are holding in order to catch up with apps. could be that someone in the processing chain, some computer system/application was not designed to hold as many that in waiting. This could be especially true if they cobbled together some system in order for people to work from home. I would still try to call but I wouldnt panic about it

May 23, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Just as a follow up to this thread if anyone else runs into this issue. I finally got in contact with AMCAS via twitter, and they said that my application was marked ready for review - so it doesn't seem like anything to worry about.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.