Having Troubles on matching course equivalents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm Buddy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, anybody here is from UC Davis and is planning to apply to UOP Fall 2008? I have a question. I was matching my courses with UOP pre-requisites. I found out that they don't have my English courses. As you may notice if you take a look on UOP official website, they only have the English literature courses (like English 3) not the English composition course (like English 1 and English 104A). Actually, English 1 now is called UWP 1 (University Writing Program 1), right? UCD has changed part of its English courses names and has not notified UOP about the change? Is it the reason why?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated from UC Davis.. I applied to UOP last year and I just listed ENL1 and ENL 3 as they were written on my transcript.

I graduated from UC Davis.. I applied to UOP last year and I just listed ENL1 and ENL 3 as they were written on my transcript.

So, your courses turned out fine?

You graduated from UCD too?? Cool cool......
You got rejected last year or what? From the other thread, you are concerned about that physics prerequisite for UCSF, so you are applying again this year? Did you get an interview from UOP last year? Can you share your experience applying to UOP? And other schools that you applied last year? Sorry that I have so many questions because I am so nervous about the admission process.

Members don't see this ad :)
The best thing if you aren't sure is to contact someone from admissions. They'll be able to give you a straight answer if the course transfers over.

I typed this up earlier, but then my internet crashed. It seems like the above post says similar stuff as well but here it is:

I don't know if I can be of any help but I will try my best. I went to UC Davis in fall 2004 so it has been a couple years. I also used the UOP website while I was there and I signed up to take ENGL 001 which UOP accepted this year. You might want to call them and double check. Also, you could check what English courses are required from other UCs according to UOP's website and then match that with a UCD catalog. But, it could be faster just to call them and confirm. I hope that was helpful.

I typed this up earlier, but then my internet crashed. It seems like the above post says similar stuff as well but here it is:

I don't know if I can be of any help but I will try my best. I went to UC Davis in fall 2004 so it has been a couple years. I also used the UOP website while I was there and I signed up to take ENGL 001 which UOP accepted this year. You might want to call them and double check. Also, you could check what English courses are required from other UCs according to UOP's website and then match that with a UCD catalog. But, it could be faster just to call them and confirm. I hope that was helpful.

Yes, it definitely helps! Thank you! If they accepted yours, there should be no problem for mine.
So, you got into UOP?

Yes, it definitely helps! Thank you! If they accepted yours, there should be no problem for mine.
So, you got into UOP?

No, I applied late and by then most seats were taken. I did call them after the application process was over and the counselor said if I had applied to make tier 1, I would have at least gotten an interview. Well I guess this year then.

No, I applied late and by then most seats were taken. I did call them after the application process was over and the counselor said if I had applied to make tier 1, I would have at least gotten an interview. Well I guess this year then.

Oh, then work hard this year and hope for the best!:D