Having worked 60-80 hour weeks for the past year and a half, how can I prove to adcoms I'm not padding my hours on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1041777

I've been watching a bit too much of MedicalSchoolHQ and it seems that hours that surpass 50 hours a week can raise suspicion. Having worked 60-80 hour weeks for the past year and a half, how can I prove to adcoms I'm not padding my hours on AMCAS? Or is this something I shouldn't worry about?

Members don't see this ad.

They will check on it if they suspect that you're being dishonest and they care enough about it. If you're being honest, then it's not something to worry about.

Reactions: 1 users
i'm pretty sure every non-trad who has a full time job will be exceeding 50 hours a week lol, don't think it will be too suspicious

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been watching a bit too much of MedicalSchoolHQ and it seems that hours that surpass 50 hours a week can raise suspicion. Having worked 60-80 hour weeks for the past year and a half, how can I prove to adcoms I'm not padding my hours on AMCAS? Or is this something I shouldn't worry about?
Use the payroll office as your Contact.

i'm pretty sure every non-trad who has a full time job will be exceeding 50 hours a week lol, don't think it will be too suspicious
You mean including other activities or 50 hours/week at their job alone?

You mean including other activities or 50 hours/week at their job alone?
I read their question as “total hours” above 50, but I guess they could just be saying one activity. Even then there’s a lot of jobs that go over 50 hours a week, as long as there’s someone to verify it they should be fine.

Why are you doing residency prior to med school

• Haha