Having worked 60-80 hour weeks for the past year and a half, how can I prove to adcoms I'm not padding my hours on AMCAS?

Mar 24, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I've been watching a bit too much of MedicalSchoolHQ and it seems that hours that surpass 50 hours a week can raise suspicion. Having worked 60-80 hour weeks for the past year and a half, how can I prove to adcoms I'm not padding my hours on AMCAS? Or is this something I shouldn't worry about?

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I've been watching a bit too much of MedicalSchoolHQ and it seems that hours that surpass 50 hours a week can raise suspicion. Having worked 60-80 hour weeks for the past year and a half, how can I prove to adcoms I'm not padding my hours on AMCAS? Or is this something I shouldn't worry about?
You simply need a verifiable contact to do so. If this employment, you should have a letter from supervisor anyway and have them note "consistently worked long hours."

Reactions: 1 users

Deltasidearm

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2018
They will check on it if they suspect that you're being dishonest and they care enough about it. If you're being honest, then it's not something to worry about.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Screamapillar

7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i'm pretty sure every non-trad who has a full time job will be exceeding 50 hours a week lol, don't think it will be too suspicious

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Use the payroll office as your Contact.

YCAGA

2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i'm pretty sure every non-trad who has a full time job will be exceeding 50 hours a week lol, don't think it will be too suspicious
You mean including other activities or 50 hours/week at their job alone?

Screamapillar

7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
You mean including other activities or 50 hours/week at their job alone?
I read their question as “total hours” above 50, but I guess they could just be saying one activity. Even then there’s a lot of jobs that go over 50 hours a week, as long as there’s someone to verify it they should be fine.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Payroll office probably can’t disclose that kind of stuff to a third party.
In human resources at most companies the most they will do is confirmed this employee worked here since XX date. I have come across several that will not release any compensation data under any circumstances

Banco

5+ Year Member
May 28, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Why are you doing residency prior to med school

• Haha
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.