Hawaii College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
kwakster928 said:
It should read...

http://www.hicp.org/add/vision.asp

The vision of the Hawaii College of Pharmacy? is to be a global leader and innovator of pharmacy education,and perhaps before the first class graduates, get accrediated by the ACPE.

Enough hating already...

Members don't see this ad.

J Lucas said:
Enough hating already...
Don't hate the player; hate the game. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
FutureRxGal said:
Funny how you mention negativity like it is still occurring. In case the point was missed, I'll repeat it:

Edit: By the way, do I get some sort of special prize for having the 500th post in the HICP thread? ;) :D

Your point is taken. However, what I meant was I am only guessing that the students don't feel like commenting anymore, good or bad, in fear of having to keep defending themselves. In having said that, I too am curious but it doesn't seem like we will get many of our curiosities answered here.

I'd like to hear an update from you guys currently attending HICP.

How do you like the curriculum so far? Professors? How's the weather? :D

I am thinking about applying for the class of 2009 but, of course, waiting to see how the whole accrediting thing goes. I'll be watching closely.

Please keep us updated!

I think we'd all like to hear an update, but unfortunately that's the problem. Apparently the current status of the school is some big secret since no students seem to want to speak. Hopefully for their sake that all is well, but the silence shown from the students at HICP certainly gives the impression that all is not well in the Aloha state.

From one of my contacts from the program, he/she
claims that all is going great. They choose to no longer post here due to the hostility of our other members, and for that I can understand.

Caverject said:
From one of my contacts from the program, he/she
claims that all is going great. They choose to no longer post here due to the hostility of our other members, and for that I can understand.

Hostility is quite a strong word... Anyhoo, I encourage any HICP student who still reads the forum but doesn't post to let us know how it's going. I'm generally curious as to how it's going, and I believe that to be the general concensus with everyone else. :thumbup:

FutureRxGal said:
Hostility is quite a strong word...
It is a strong word, but accurate at some points in the past. I can see why someone might stay away. With the number of HICP people who have posted in this thread, it surprises me that not a single person has chosen to share their experience after school started.

Just a thought.... Do you think closing this thread and starting a brand new one might be a gesture to show HICP folks that we want them to be able to use SDN as an outlet for discussion?

bananaface said:
It is a strong word, but accurate at some points in the past. I can see why someone might stay away. With the number of HICP people who have posted in this thread, it surprises me that not a single person has chosen to share their experience after school started.

Just a thought.... Do you think closing this thread and starting a brand new one might be a gesture to show HICP folks that we want them to be able to use SDN as an outlet for discussion?

i think that would be a good idea b/c every time i see this thread i tend to think of all of the drama that is in the 26 pages and i don't even go to HICP

FutureRxGal said:
Hostility is quite a strong word... Anyhoo, I encourage any HICP student who still reads the forum but doesn't post to let us know how it's going. I'm generally curious as to how it's going, and I believe that to be the general concensus with everyone else. :thumbup:
Strong but accurate for people for and against the school. I would be discouraged from SDN if every time the name "South University" came up, having 10 posts making fun of it as this thread has of late. I know I am just as guilty, but I do believe the majority of the posts to the HICP thread and others were made to spur discussion and raise very serious issues with the school itself, not the students of the school. I hope the students of HICP read this post to realize we are not in fact making fun of them, but we are more or less concerned for their well-being. They deserve the rights of any other pharmacy student, which they sorely lack at the moment and which has been severely critizied, rightfully so, on this board.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completely agree. While I don't post much I realize sometimes messages can unintentionally come across has a little harsh. While I won't start Pharmacy school until Fall of 2005, I really have a genuine interest in the progress of HICP, especially after reading the 26 pages of this thread. Everyone that reads these boards have a desire to help each other out in the progress of our education and careers. If closing the thread is what will bring about a new, more positive discussion concerning HICP, then by all means go for it. And for HICP students, good luck and best wishes.

pharmgurl2004 said:
I think you don't know what you are talking about. I just talked with the UH-Hilo people and they stated that they too have to go thru the same accreditation process just like HICP. HICP is only 3 yrs whereas UH-Hilo will require 4 yrs. Whether you are a private or pubic institution you have to go through accreditation no matter what.....

Again, there are no guarantees on their part-uh-hilo. Now, if they don't get accreditation..."no promise of such against a public debt that may not be possible to repay if things go wrong" (RXDOC05, 2004). What if UH-Hilo does not get accredited then what? No guarantees bud..... :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

You are missed informed...call yourself bradah hicp for the facts and not run you mouth...I did...and got educated...

I just found out that HICP has taken a strong legal stance of any mis-representation will be dealt on a civil case......they have monitored this site and will make such cases against anyone...so much for free speech.... (pharmdjd, 2004).

I would do the same if I were in their shoes....there is so much salmander on this site that most forget the true essences and nobility of what HICP is trying to do and achieve.....

:love:

Whatever happened to this clown? :laugh:

My siste go to Hawaii and she hate it. The school make her take esl. The teacher are not professional. Student can't post here because teachers get mad. They read like communist. My family paid tuition in full and no refund so she stay until this year. I think everyone will come back to California because school no loan for students. Don't make mistake. My family waste too much. School apply pre-candid 3 time and got 3 reject before. What kind the school is Hawaii? My advice... don't go because School lie!

L'école a couché à tous les étudiants vietnamiens !

phong.nguyen76 said:
My siste go to Hawaii and she hate it. The school make her take esl. The teacher are not professional. Student can't post here because teachers get mad. They read like communist. My family paid tuition in full and no refund so she stay until this year. I think everyone will come back to California because school no loan for students. Don't make mistake. My family waste too much. School apply pre-candid 3 time and got 3 reject before. What kind the school is Hawaii? My advice... don't go because School lie!

What's wrong with ESL?

phong.nguyen76 said:

I don't know the validity of such a comment since the author just made the account today to make a comment like this... =/

phong.nguyen76 said:

I CONCUR!!! MY FRIEND GOES THERE AND HE IS TRANSFERRING TO A TEXAS PHARM SCHOOL NEXT YEAR!!!

It is sad that HICP students have to find their own funding for another year especially since many of the students are immigrants. I am sure their parents did everything they could to find the money for their son/daughter's education. I am talking about at least 45,000$ a year in tuition, cost of books, and living cost.

I hope things will work out for them. It is a huge risk attending HICP for another year because it is an uphill battle for the school to get accreditated.

I really wish them the best and hope that they draw on other means of being accredited (ie: seek the advice of other pharm schools).

Their staff and the people there are great people.

phong.nguyen76 said:

¿qué?