1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Hawaii Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by TSisk23, Dec 20, 2005.

1. TSisk23

TSisk23 ....
    5+ Year Member

Just curious on what to wear to these interviews...i seem to remember people posting that they got grief for wearing a suit...just curious if this is true and if i should wear something else or just go with the traditional suit. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. barcelona-bound

barcelona-bound Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

just returned last week from my interviews. stayed for a week ;) i wore a suit to my interviews. no grief. the other interviewee on my tour also wore a suit. my friends are third years and i had them ask their class about what to wear. most wore suits. a few guys wore aloha shirts and slacks. don't know about the girls. good luck!

4. totch

totch Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I believe the important thing here is to be comfortable. If you're alright wearing a suit when it's 85 degrees outside, then by all means wear a suit. I don't think the interviewers will give you any trouble so long as you are wearing something appropriate (just don't show up wearing shorts and slippers and you'll probably be good to go).

5. TSisk23

TSisk23 ....
    5+ Year Member

Awesome...who'd you interview with?

6. the negative 1

the negative 1 Bovie to "war crimes" please
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Aloha shirt, slacks, and black slippers. Not the rainbow ones. ;)

7. kalenakai

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm a Hawaii resident and I wore suits to all 3 interviews, albeit it was damn hot in the 85 degree weather. I tried to cool down and dry up in the AC before I actually went to meet the docs in their offices.

On a side note related to Hawaii... I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! And they also offered me a free ride for the first year!!! Ah, so tempting, so awesome!!! Also, apparently they lost my LOR checklist sheet, so I had to redo and fax it in. I got a complete notification email 2 days later, and then my acceptance letter and scholarship letter arrived about 2-3 weeks after that (this past Saturday). I might be an exception because I'm a resident though. Good luck to all!

8. indo

indo Feed me a stray cat
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

You call 'em slippers too? haha you gotta be from hawaii brudduh

9. kalenakai

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You say "brudduh"... you must have spent some time in Hawaii too, haha :laugh: