Headache case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost dog

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just posted my recommendation in your Neuro thread... works for most of my obese patients..

Members don't see this ad :)
Any vision changes? How about a formal ophthalmology eval & if papilledema is seen then LP with an opening pressure.

I saw a fair amount of IIH - pseudotumor - when I worked in the gheto.

i agree w/ eval for pseudotumor --- does she have a hairy chin? I believe there is a correlation between hair on chin and pseudotumor.

Any vision changes? How about a formal ophthalmology eval & if papilledema is seen then LP with an opening pressure.

I saw a fair amount of IIH - pseudotumor - when I worked in the gheto.

No visual changes. I forgot to ask about tinnitus.

I even used the fancy pants opthalmoscope (the $500 one) - no dice. I don't have dilating drops in the office.

The pt had absolutely no interest in a trial of percocet / med discontinuation, which made me consider sub abuse. She also stated a Hx of NSAID and codeine allergy, which set my "you're full of crap" O'meter pinging.

She has a neuro assessment in a few weeks, and I sent my consult to this poor fool. I did make the rec that if can't see fundus,
then she should get an optho assessment.

no visual changes. I forgot to ask about tinnitus.

I even used the fancy pants opthalmoscope (the $500 one) - no dice. I don't have dilating drops in the office.

The pt had absolutely no interest in a trial of percocet / med discontinuation, which made me consider sub abuse. She also stated a hx of nsaid and codeine allergy, which set my "you're full of crap" o'meter pinging.

She has a neuro assessment in a few weeks, and i sent my consult to this poor fool.

1+

i agree w/ eval for pseudotumor --- does she have a hairy chin? I believe there is a correlation between hair on chin and pseudotumor.

Good look on getting some love with that look. :(

What's the relatshp between hairy chin and IIH ? Obesity > polcystic ovarian syndrome > IIH ?

Status
Not open for further replies.