Heads up about UC Berkeley Physics class and AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanon

An urban myth.
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I just got off of the phone w/ AMCAS, and wanted to pass along a little info. I took 2nd semester physics at Cal, and it's on my official transcript as Physics 8B, 4.0 units. As it should be, because the lab is included in the lecture - it doesn't have it's own units. When I filled out one of the secondaries, it asked that I list all of the classes I took that fulfills their requirements. When I submitted it, I noticed that they listed that physics course as NOT having a lab. Very bad. So I wrote them an email, and they told me that this how the class is listed in my AMCAS, so I should call AMCAS.

So I did. Now they're telling me that I'll have to go to the registrar's office and get them to send a letter, along with a new transcript reflecting the change (????), stating that the lecture and the lab are the same.

WTF???

:(

I just feel like crying. I have a kid, a full time job - I just don't have time for this. I CAN'T be the only person from Cal who took this pre-req there, so why am I the only person having this problem?

S.

Members don't see this ad.