health and life insurance in medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scdocusc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good website that you can search for the best life insurance? While we're on the subject. Does anyone know of a website or company that give medical students and family coverage for a good price? I know SOMA has health insurance but does anyone know how good it is? I'd be interested to hear everyone's leads.

Members don't see this ad.

Does your school offer health insurance? Sounds like you have a family and you are looking to get coverage for all of you (is this correct)? :confused:

At DCOM they offer an insurance plan (medical, dental and vision) through Blue Cross of Tennessee.

This website looked ok: https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/ehi/Alliance?allid=Goo18811&sid=EXACT+CHEAP

You can compare different plans that way.

I actually work for an Insurance Group part-time that sells Life, Health, Home, Auto, and Commercial. (It's my part-time job until I start medical school in July). Also, my mom owns an insurance agency. I could get some quotes for you which would be very competitive. Are you looking for term-life or permanent?

Here are the numbers you can call:

Coordinated Financial Insurance Group: (806)785-3093
Payne Insurance: (806)935-3834 (Ask for Tammy)

My friend uses Aetna, and she likes it.