Health care bill and extension for children on parental plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mi652

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Usually D schools require you to purchase there own health care, or waive the fee by purchasing you own health care that matches the quality care they expect. Does this mean that we can waive the fee for D school by simply staying with our parents until we are 26?

Members don't see this ad.

I think dental school still waive the insurance fee if you're still under your parents' plan (at age 24). I don't think this healthcare bill does more than that - other than extend the age to 26. Plain and simple, if you don't have insurance, dental school will provide that at a "small" cost...That's all.

Usually D schools require you to purchase there own health care, or waive the fee by purchasing you own health care that matches the quality care they expect. Does this mean that we can waive the fee for D school by simply staying with our parents until we are 26?

Yep! When you fill out the waiver just fill it out with the info from your parents' policy

Members don't see this ad :)

That would be a good idea, but I think that there are now reports that those benefits are not going to kick in until 2014 because of some errors.....not sure though