health care experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leahmaria

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am filling out the rush secondary, and it asks about health care experience and breaks it into employment and volunteering. i am currently job shadowing, which doesn't fit into either category...should i still list it?

Members don't see this ad.

leahmaria said:
I am filling out the rush secondary, and it asks about health care experience and breaks it into employment and volunteering. i am currently job shadowing, which doesn't fit into either category...should i still list it?

If you have to choose one, volunteering sounds better to me. You should definitely list it.

ironmanf14 said:
If you have to choose one, volunteering sounds better to me. You should definitely list it.

THANKS!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't people consider shadowing a volunteer experience? Aren't you volunteering your time?

zach1201 said:
Why don't people consider shadowing a volunteer experience? Aren't you volunteering your time?

Technically you're right, but volunteer experience carries the connotation of helping people constructively.

zach1201 said:

It's not like you're volunteering your time to help someone else..thats what I consider volunteering

zach1201 said:

I guess because even though you are volunteering your time, you are doing it solely for yourself. Volunteers give to a cause, shadowing is more of a self-interest type of thing.

so, you all think i should list it under volunteering?

ironmanf14 said:
I guess because even though you are volunteering your time, you are doing it solely for yourself. Volunteers give to a cause, shadowing is more of a self-interest type of thing.

Very true, you're not really providing a service.