SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Health Informatics and E-health programs(Public health)

Discussion in 'Public Health Degrees (Masters and Doctoral)' started by ftcnt, Apr 26, 2007.

1. ftcnt

ftcnt Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I'm interested in pursuing a PhD in the area of health informatics and e-health. I'm wondering if people could comment on schools that offer similar programs. I'm at the looking at the University of Toronto program below:

http://www.hpme.utoronto.ca/research/hppm.htm

I'm currently doing my MPH and thought it would be a good way to merge my interest of health and technology.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. aupz23

aupz23 7+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2007
    There are healthcare informatics programs at the following schools:

-University of washington - seattle
    -university of minnesota
    -University of missouri
    -columbia university in new york
    -university of utah
    -stanford university
    - University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
    -Indiana university (bloomington and indianapolis)--- the healthcare informatics program is in indianapolis and has the internationally renowned REgenstrief institute with the Indiana University School of Medicine
    - vanderbilt university in nashville, tn

there are probably more schools that offer health informatics than what's listed above

you can go to teh web sites fo these above schools, you can also google them...

Also check the American Medical Informatics Association at www.amia.org

-- Hope it helps :)

4. aupz23

aupz23 7+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2007
    I also wanted to tell you that The University of Texas School of Health Information Sciences at Houston offers health informatics degrees for sure...

Go to this site:
    http://www.shis.uth.tmc.edu/

I hope it helps...Good luck! :)

5. ftcnt

ftcnt Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 29, 2004
    thanks, exactly what im looking for....is anyone currently enrolled in such a program?