Health Insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOc2be

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I hope this posting finds you in great health and spirits. I was wondering if any of you could answer a question for me regarding health insurance. I am considering purchasing the STUDENT OSTEOPATHIC MEDICAL ASSOCIATION'S COLLEGE HEALTH INSURANCE. I guess my question is if any of you have it and if you do how is it. I was reviewing the brochure on it and it sounds pretty good, but brochures can be deceiving! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I'm sure a lot of us would like to know the opinions of others who have had SOMA health insurance. Thanks.

I was talking to a medical student the other day who wasn't all that pleased with it. He had a wife and child..so, I am not sure if it's just not good for that situation and would be perfect for a single healthy person or what. However, my husband and I have private health insurance..and it isn't that expensive...his is 55 bucks a month..and mine is around 60, without a pregnancy clause. There are alot of good rates out there for people who are generally healthy but want coverage for those times when emergencies may come up. Just search around. I got alot of good quotes from the internet. Good luck.