Health Policy w/ Global Concentration BU vs. Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silver88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an MPH candidate that will be studying health policy with a concentration in global/international health. I will not be going on to med school or anything like that...this is likely a terminal degree with a slight chance I'll go on to get my PhD. My career goals are to work abroad in program management/development. I have been accepted to BU and Tulane and I really can't make up on my mind on where to go.

Is Tulane really that well regarded internationally? Can any currently enrolled students comment on the program, opportunities abroad, strengths, weaknesses? It seems like they are very hands on and caring. I'm not thrilled about the location...but really, I can suck it up for a good education.

BU's reputation seems like hit or miss, especially in regards to their international health program. Supposedly it is "up and coming" but that doesn't tell me enough. How is the program regarded internationally?

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Members don't see this ad.