10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm a U.S. citizen and not completely familiar with the fine details of of ambulatory care in Ireland.

I have asthma which requires daily medication, hence my fast decision to Respiratory School.

Question for Irish citizens and U.S./Canadian students: what are the student health services like that are provided to non Irish students? Same costs or more expensive? Pharmacy costs?


~~RRT :luck:


10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Ok just a quickie response.

Here's the story at RCSI. Free medical care at the family clinic affliated to the college.

When you arrive, get a PPS number (SSN/SIN) from the govt's Social Services Department. This will allow you to get a DPS (drugs payment scheme) card. This limits your monthly drug cost to €85.

You can also take out medical insurance in ireland. Here are the websites,
www.vhi.ie (the biggest one)
www.bupa.ie (the british one)
www.vivashealth.ie (the new one)
About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.