Healthy students taking Alzheimer's drug?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ethyl

Go suck on a Zoloft.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I thought of about this after reading the stimulant supplement thread: :p

I know a doctor of internal medicine and she took a particular Alzheimer's drug for a short time. She doesn't have Alzheimer's but she had an incredible improvement in memory.. she was remembering remarkable details, individual numbers on patient records and everything. I can't remember the damn drug's name... I'm not sure if it was a cholinesterase inhibitor because I don't know what else is out there to treat Alzheimer's. She stopped after a few months but she didn't have any side effects. Has anyone else heard of healthy people (undergrad or med/pharm students!) taking memory enhancing drugs? If one were willing to risk your health, this type of thing would be invaluable for exams! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Galantamine, the active in Reminyl/Razadyne, is also available without a subscription as a 'supplement'.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've also heard of people doing this, but I have no idea which drug they were using.

;) let me know when you guys find out. something is wrong with my memory. Right after taking the finals, I tend to forget mostly everything.

Does this happen to anyone else?

dstormz said:
;) let me know when you guys find out. something is wrong with my memory. Right after taking the finals, I tend to forget mostly everything.

Does this happen to anyone else?

To be honest, I find I retain what I deem important to a very high degree. For example our pharmaceutics prof kept stressing DLVO theory + Nernst potential of particles in flocculated / de-flocculated systems. (Basically forms of a suspension.)

I can recall almost every detail of them, and the more important things in anatomy (hormones, etc) yet I forget a bit of the minor details.

You should try to promote retention, you need to retain everything from pharmacy school on your rotations, so do your best.

Yeah...pharmaceutics questions appeared every day on all of my rotations. :rolleyes:

My 'ceutics professor would be so sad to know that I've forgotten most of the things from that class.