Heard about secondary applications??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AMCAS application was sent to medical schools last week. I have not heard from any schools yet asking me to start the secondary application. Please post to this thread when you are invited by email or sent via snail mail the secondary application and the school from which you received the invite.

Members don't see this ad.

100904 said:
My AMCAS application was sent to medical schools last week. I have not heard from any schools yet asking me to start the secondary application. Please post to this thread when you are invited by email or sent via snail mail the secondary application and the school from which you received the invite.

Start looking in July! That is when they begin reviewing the apps

You don't really have to wait - lots of the schools have the apps open now on their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow already aching to do those secondaries already? can't wait to start writing those essays well into 3AM every day?

In all honesty, most of these secondaries just exist to take your money from you. A lot of schools send it out to everyone (virtually all of the privates), no matter how bad your stats may be. Oh, and after examining two of the online ones that are already accessible (Yale and JHU), they basically just ask you to re-list what you have entered in AMCAS already. C'mon, what's your GPA? What's your MCAT score? List some of your experiences? This is all in AMCAS; might as well just say "look, give us $50 more, and we'll consider you." I'd rather have that than wasting my time filling in the same stuff all over again 25 more times... +pissed+

Sorry, I'm sure everyone feels the same way, I just needed to vent about it. ::end diatribe::

Oh well, it's just part of the process; in a year from now, it'll all be worth it, right?! :)