Heard anything from UCONN yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SillyBoyCT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Has anyone who has applied to UCHC heard anything yet? I am so god damn nervous about my application. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

SillyBoyCT said:
Hello everyone! Has anyone who has applied to UCHC heard anything yet? I am so god damn nervous about my application. :scared:

I got an email from the dean a while ago, early sept. I remember reading on an earlier post that they interview minority applicants first (i dont know if that is true, i'm not a minority). I would call the school to see if your application has been reviewed.

I'm awfully curious too. I just scheduled an interview at Yale and was thinking that I would like to call up UConn and see if I could do that "I'm in the neighborhood, should I drop by for an interview thing..." Has anyone out there tried that there?

Diana

Members don't see this ad :)
SillyBoyCT said:

I had an interview in early october at UCONN. Good luck!

UCONN interviews on Mon-Wed-Fri and has been interviewing for several weeks now. They do not interview minority students first. I'm sure they have a deluge of applications right now and are working through them. If you have any questions, give them a call and ask if they have any estimate on when you should hear something by.

Any recent acceptances or rejections? Does anyone know when the adcom meets? Things seem pretty quiet from their neck of the woods. Thanks!

I interviewed at UConn on Jan 24. They said to give them about 60 days to make a decision and that they are very far behind.

I'm a CT resident and recently sent Dr. Sanford a letter of intent, and he e-mailed me a couple days ago and said I was placed on the interview list for March. I'm not sure if I'll be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist at that point, but I'm very relieved just to have a shot. This is my first and only allopathic interview thus far, so I'm very excited. I hope everyone else hears back soon, good luck!

charmed96 said:
Any recent acceptances or rejections? Does anyone know when the adcom meets? Things seem pretty quiet from their neck of the woods. Thanks!

I interviewed in January. I was given a date (mid March) by which I should receive a decision. I was told that the committee meets every three weeks.

I interviewed at the end of December and remember someone saying something about being able to inquire in Feb. I have a few more upcoming interviews, but after interviewing there, I think this is where I want to be. Was hoping I could avoid having to foot the bills for the other interviews. :) Thanks for the info and best of luck to you all!

I've heard nothing yet and was complete in September.

I got rejected yesterday and two other people I know got their rejections today (all of us out of state, none minorities). :(

RaistlinMajere said:
I've heard nothing yet and was complete in September.

I know they are still interviewing. If you are really interested, it's worth a shot to send in a letter of interest, or even send an email inquiring about the status of your application. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Some out of state acceptances are floating around also--a classmate of mines just got one. Hope there's one for me soon!

I still haven't heard and I interviewed in November.

DianaLynne said:
I still haven't heard and I interviewed in November.

Have you called them? I think they said to give them a call if you haven't heard anything in 60 days.

Looks like I'll be having a chat on the phone manana! I'll let you know how it goes!

I still haven't heard from these guys! I did end up calling the office and found out that the adcom had missed a meeting due to weather or something. But that was like a month and a half ago! :mad:

For those of you that have already got the big YES from UConn, how do they notify us? Is it email, snailmail, smoke signals, or do they send an owl?

This is the only school I am checking for right now. If it's not by email, I'm gonna give my Inbox a rest.

DianaLynne said:
I still haven't heard from these guys! I did end up calling the office and found out that the adcom had missed a meeting due to weather or something. But that was like a month and a half ago! :mad:

For those of you that have already got the big YES from UConn, how do they notify us? Is it email, snailmail, smoke signals, or do they send an owl?

This is the only school I am checking for right now. If it's not by email, I'm gonna give my Inbox a rest.

I have my interview tomorrow...maybe they can put that adcom meeting off until Monday :)

Good luck, I hope you hear good news soon!

I think you can quit checking email for an acceptance. I interviewed in early Dec. and received my acceptance via snail mail on Jan. 19. Regular mail, thin envelope. Good luck, all!

Whoa, googler, that's some fast turnaround! I interviewed in like November! I guess at this point, I must assume that my app has been placed in the "rejected so it's no hurry to let her know because she won't be a Huskie so we don't care as much how she feels" pile.

Oh well. Now I don't need to worry about anything until next Tuesday. That's when the other school I interviewed at in Connecticut is sending stuff out.

DianaLynne said:

I interviewed at the beginning of February (for the second time!) and recall Dr. Sanford quoting the 60 day time. So I was expecting to hear late March early april.

Well, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. There has been a LOT of bad weather here these past few months, and people cancel things at the drop of a hat, or snowflake. I was also told that interviewed applicants are reviewed by the adcom in "random order," whatever that means. If you have not received a letter, it may be because they are really behind and/or your name has not yet come up for discussion.

thegoogler said:
Well, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. There has been a LOT of bad weather here these past few months, and people cancel things at the drop of a hat, or snowflake. I was also told that interviewed applicants are reviewed by the adcom in "random order," whatever that means. If you have not received a letter, it may be because they are really behind and/or your name has not yet come up for discussion.

Ah, random order! I didn't know that, that changes everything. There's hope! :D And after all, Connecticut is the only school that I applied to that made it to the NCAA tourney! Go Huskies! :horns:

I interviewed in late October and received a thin letter of acceptance around two-three weeks later (I was fortunate enough to interview just before they met). Out of state minority if you want the details. I was the only minority who interviewed in my group so I don't believe this "interviewing minorities first" concept is true. I recently called to talk about 2nd look weekend and they said they were really swamped at the moment so I wouldn't be at all suprised by a late response. They haven't even contacted me with what student I'll be visiting with and it begins April 1st (I think). Hang in there and good luck! :thumbup:

I interviewed there on January 24th and haven't heard a thing. I am nearing the end of the 60-day period and am anxiously awaiting a response. This is such a nightmare.

VPDcurt said:
I interviewed there on January 24th and haven't heard a thing. I am nearing the end of the 60-day period and am anxiously awaiting a response. This is such a nightmare.

I agree. I interviewed on Jan 19th and still haven't heard. I called the office and they said that we should know by April 1st. Hope that helps. :)

court13 said:
I agree. I interviewed on Jan 19th and still haven't heard. I called the office and they said that we should know by April 1st. Hope that helps. :)

Have those of you who were told you would hear a decision by April 1st gotten any good mail recently, or is tomorrow D-day??

microgin said:
Have those of you who were told you would hear a decision by April 1st gotten any good mail recently, or is tomorrow D-day??

No word yet. Anyone know how many slots are open at this point?

DCM said:
No word yet. Anyone know how many slots are open at this point?

I interviewed on Jan. 19th and heard that I was waitlisted on March 26th. Better luck to the rest of you.

court13 said:
I interviewed on Jan. 19th and heard that I was waitlisted on March 26th. Better luck to the rest of you.

Same result here.

Did they give you any indication of where you are in the alternate pool?

April 1st, still no word.

court13 said:
Did they give you any indication of where you are in the alternate pool?

Yes they did. You?

VPDcurt said:
Yes they did. You?

Yes. How do you feel about the chances to come off the alternate list?

court13 said:
Yes. How do you feel about the chances to come off the alternate list?

Not good to be honest with you. Being a state school with so few spots anyway, I doubt many seats are going to open up. Hopefully I'm dead wrong about this.

April 1st, top third of waiting list. They say there is a really good chance of coming off the waiting list in the letter. I hope that's true.

floyd said:
April 1st, top third of waiting list. They say there is a really good chance of coming off the waiting list in the letter. I hope that's true.

Floyd - congrats! That's not totally awful news. If you do a search of last year's thread I think someone said that they usually do make their way through the top 1/3. Just out of curiosity, you heard back on 4/1, when did you interview?

I'm pretty nervous now, I didn't interview until 3/18, I bet they're basically booked and most of us still waiting to hear will be thrown on the waiting list. Being a resident of CT is about the only thing I have going for me. I hope we're all wrong, and there's lots of waitlist movement.

Thanks for good info! Interviewed mid-January.

interviewed 2/21 and was told i'd hear april 1. i emailed dr sanford and he said notifications were pushed back to april 25. i wonder if there are still slots available or if it's just waitlist.

Good luck to everyone. It's a great school.

Bump.

Anyone heard anything this week? I interviewed mid-March, and they said we should know by the end of April, so I'm getting anxious to say the least.

I got a letter on Saturday in Washington DC, but found out on Thurs by calling for a status check. It is so late in the season that I don't think they mind a call in. Good luck!

DCM said:
I got a letter on Saturday in Washington DC, but found out on Thurs by calling for a status check. It is so late in the season that I don't think they mind a call in. Good luck!

DCM, did you hear saturday about getting off a waitlist? or was this the first time you heard from them period?

DCM said:

I'm surprised they told you over the phone, but I guess it's worth a shot! Thanks.

In case anyone else is still waiting, I emailed Dr. Sanford and he said that he expects notifications to go out the first week or two of May...which may seem obvious at this point. More waiting I guess...since it sounds like DCM got good news recently, I'm not taking this as a good sign, although this process has basically made me paranoid to the point that anything can be construed as a bad sign.

It was the first time I heard anything and I was waitlisted. I hope you guys do better but would be surprised if there are many non-waitlist places left at this point.

Interviewed end of February, got waitlist letter last Friday. So, yes you March interviewees should be hearing any time now. :luck: