heard from Crieghton?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nrddct

carlover
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its been about two months since my apps have been complete so I email them and they say my app is still being scheduled for review. It seems kinda late right now. Anyone else being delayed?

Members don't see this ad.

nrddct said:
Its been about two months since my apps have been complete so I email them and they say my app is still being scheduled for review. It seems kinda late right now. Anyone else being delayed?

I am in the same boat as you are. I have been complete there for over two months, so I called last week and they said I am still waiting to go to committee. Sucks!

One positive note, though, I am pretty sure that they just started interviewing just over a month ago?? I know they didn't get their secondary out until late, so it might be okay that they are behind a bunch of other schools.

I hope so, b/c I really would like to interview there.

I'm going there to interview tomorrow. I'll find out what the deal is and I will report back here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing next Friday (12/9) but it think this is early in their cycle.

I've been waiting to hear from them for a while also.

I heard from Creighton, about a month after i had been complete and they gave me interview. I just had the interview about 2 weeks ago. They sent me a letter of acceptance literally a week later. Also I believe that Creighton started interviewing a little later than most schools, so if I were you I wouldn't be too worried. But if you are worried, just give the admissions office a call, and the admissions office seemed genuniely nice (atleast in my experience).

best of luck
Stansbury

trishaaa said:
I'm going there to interview tomorrow. I'll find out what the deal is and I will report back here.

trishaaa- I hope your interview goes well. Thanks for thinking of all of us who are still waiting for an interview.

I emailed the admissions office to see if my application was still being considered and this is the reply I received:

Dear MechE,

Thank you for your email.

Your application is complete; however, the Admissions Committee has not yet set a review date on your application. The Committee chooses the applicants for review in no particular order, so it is difficult for me to give you a time frame on when you will hear from us. Please watch your email for information from us concerning your application.

P. Smith
Admn. Assistant
Medical School Admissions

Can you just see it now: your file is complete and they throw it into a big bingo spinner. A bunch of Adcoms with bingo arms are furiously inking their cards until the right concoction of applications appears. Lemme see...apps 19843, 75329, 93579, 23474, and 94377 BINGO!! Let's schedule them!!!

That must be how they do it. I am an August MCATer and will be interviewing next week. That ain't right.

Trishaaa! Where are you? Give us the interview skinny!

MechE said:
I emailed the admissions office to see if my application was still being considered and this is the reply I received:

Dear MechE,

Thank you for your email.

Your application is complete; however, the Admissions Committee has not yet set a review date on your application. The Committee chooses the applicants for review in no particular order, so it is difficult for me to give you a time frame on when you will hear from us. Please watch your email for information from us concerning your application.

P. Smith
Admn. Assistant
Medical School Admissions

Thats funny, I emailed them yesterday and got that exact email...exact. I love templates, there so personal. Makes me feel so special.

Peter Griffen said:
Thats funny, I emailed them yesterday and got that exact email...exact. I love templates, there so personal. Makes me feel so special.

Templates aren't super personal, but if you consider out of 5,000 applicants how many emails they must get a day, it makes perfect sense.

Out of all the schools I have applied to, Creighton seems to be the MOST personal when it has come to the interest of the student body / faculty / admissions personnel in their want to have me at their school.

I interviewed here today (12-2-05) and I submitted my application on October 25th, I believe. This is also my second application go around - that may have affected my turn around time. I honestly don't buy that they have an entirely random process to select who's file to review prior to interviewing.

Grant

gbleeker said:
Templates aren't super personal, but if you consider out of 5,000 applicants how many emails they must get a day, it makes perfect sense.

Out of all the schools I have applied to, Creighton seems to be the MOST personal when it has come to the interest of the student body / faculty / admissions personnel in their want to have me at their school.

I interviewed here today (12-2-05) and I submitted my application on October 25th, I believe. This is also my second application go around - that may have affected my turn around time. I honestly don't buy that they have an entirely random process to select who's file to review prior to interviewing.

Grant

I'm pretty sure that I was just kidding. They have been great at Creighton and I really don't expect to hear back for a while. In fact, I wasn't complete there (due to a LOR) November 2nd. I wouldn't even email people back:) Congrats on the interview!!! How did it go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did something happen to Trishaaa in Omaha? Was she abandoned at The Spaghetti Factory for demanding more free salad and breadsticks? Trishaaa, I interview there on Friday. Any help info would be greatly appreciated--unless you are stuck at The Spaghetti Factory. Then your issues are far greater than mine.

gdbaby said:
Did something happen to Trishaaa in Omaha? Was she abandoned at The Spaghetti Factory for demanding more free salad and breadsticks? Trishaaa, I interview there on Friday. Any help info would be greatly appreciated--unless you are stuck at The Spaghetti Factory. Then your issues are far greater than mine.

Anyone having questions per Creighton's interview process... one interview with either a MD or PhD or retired MD... and a second interview with a student only. Both interviews count for exactly half of your "score" when they evaluate you.

As far as being worried; don't. The entire process is extremely laid back and the questions are nothing more than explaning your choice of Creighton, your choice of medicine as career, and explanations of various activities or experiences listed from your AMCAS. They might ask you a few other questions, but 90 percent of them will only have a "conversational" type interview. Not many will be asking situational ethics questions, and definitely none of them try to pin you or make you feel uncomfortable to see how you react.

All in all, a very easy, relaxed atmosphere. It was a fun day, and I hope to hear back from then ASAP with an acceptance (hopefully)! I absolutely loved the school last year and this year, and there is no doubt in my mind it is my first choice school.

Best of luck to you all scheduled to interview..

Trishaa,

It was nice to meet you this past Friday. Best of luck to you getting in, and keep me informed!

Grant

gbleeker said:
Best of luck to you all scheduled to interview..
Thank you!

Anyone else interviewing this Friday or is it my special day?

gbleeker said:
Trishaa,

It was nice to meet you this past Friday. Best of luck to you getting in, and keep me informed!

Grant

Hi Grant-- It was nice to meet you too! I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly for you. I also really enjoyed the day at Creighton...I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the next two weeks!

As Grant said, the interviews at Creighton are very laidback and conversational. Other highlights:

1. Coffee. Any school that serves coffee in the morning is ok in my book. 2. Facilities. The gym, anatomy lab, student lounge, small group rooms, etc., are all very nice.
3. The student host program. Do it if you can. You get a ride to and from the airport and a decent place to sleep.
4. The Upstream Brewery. The American Wheat beer is delicious.
5. The financial aid presentation. It was one of the most helpful ones I have heard. I'll definitely be contacting that lady in the future, even if I don't end up at Creighton.

Downfalls:
1. The day is very long.
2. I think everyone I met is married or engaged. I have nothing against married folks, but I need some single people around!
3. I had "Omaha" from Counting Crows stuck in my head the entire time I was there. I'm surprised I didn't start singing during my interview.
3. You might get trapped in the Spaghetti Factory like I did...

stansbury said:
I heard from Creighton, about a month after i had been complete and they gave me interview. I just had the interview about 2 weeks ago. They sent me a letter of acceptance literally a week later. Also I believe that Creighton started interviewing a little later than most schools, so if I were you I wouldn't be too worried. But if you are worried, just give the admissions office a call, and the admissions office seemed genuniely nice (atleast in my experience).

best of luck
Stansbury

I can only find their online form, not their phone number. Do they even allow people to call their admissions office? Darn, I had been accepted to that school as an undergrad and choose not to go....maybe they're still pissed off at me for that.....

I got that same form email after I emailed them saying I had been complete for two months and hadn't heard anything. I withdrew a week ago and at that point I still had not gotten an invite...

Hi Trisha and Grant!

I really enjoyed meeting you u guys at Creighton! I fell in love with the school. I hope I get accepted, cuz it's also my number 1 choice!

-Aileen

Well hey Aileen! Glad to see you on here! I'll cross my fingers for us all, and we'll see how it plays out!

Yay Aileen! Best of luck to you as well!

I heard back from Creighton today (12/09)... well I actually called them to double check on something in my file, and the lady told I me I would be receiving a letter on Monday or Tuesday, so keep your eyes on the mail!