Heard from Hahnemann or NYMC yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillybabe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I intervied at NYMC and MCP Hahnemann first week of April and still havent heard from either schools. Wondering if I should call them or wait few more weeks. Please reply if you interviewed early April and have already heard from them. Thanks.

:confused: :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

interviewed around mid april...nothing from NYMC...i'm expecting to hear something in july...

Interviewed in April at MCP and recieved an acceptance last week. I am going to give up it up tomorrow though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cloud,

If you dont mind, when exactly did you interview there? Cuz I intervied April 12 and I'm not sure if I should call them or wait.

hi there,
i interviewed at mcp hahnemann april 5, and got in 2 days ago (letter was dated may 18). i declined the place, though, so there should be another one opening up. good luck!

I interviewed at both in early March. NYMC came May first and MCP came last week. I've already told NYMC and will tell MCP this week, so spots will open up. Good luck.

I called NYMC twice. First time they said they have sent letters out for everyone who interviewed in March two weeks ago, second time they said I was still under review. :eek:

has anybody heard anything from nymc lately? i recently called them but they held out on revealing any information. on other forums, people with march and early april interviews have gotten acceptances, but has any late april interviewers been accepted yet? :p

Hi Guardian,
I have been following your posts. I am sort of in a similar situation. I am waitlisted at 4 schools and I am waiting to find out from NYMC. I interviewed there on 3/27/2001. I really don't think everyone from march has recieved word yet. I think they keep rereviewing people they are unsure about, especially as others are letting go of their spots. I like NYMC and there 6 year program is great. Hopefully both you and I will hear good news soon.

I called NYMC two days ago, and for those of you who have interviewed in April (like me), they have just started to look at the interviewed people for that month. So I suppose there is still sometime before the April interviewers will hear. Hopefully in mid to late June...
Good luck!

anumeha, i think your conjectures are right in that they accept (or reject) those that are clear from the get go, whether or not the interview was given in march or april. the rest of the people are re-reviewed and given spots as they open up. this process i guess can take months! does anybody know how long they require an acceptee to make a decision?

Rejected from NYMC.
Waitlisted at MCPH.
Accepted at Jeff.
Go figure...

jeff05, did you get an interview at nymc and if so when? that sounds really strange and points out the randomness of the whole process. at least you got into jefferson! maybe it had something to do with your residence, you post says your from philly?

No interview at NYMC.
Interviewed at MCPH, Temple, EVMS, PCOM, Jeff.