Heard from Penn, NW about Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Patrick Noonan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to these school in August and early September.

In a sense, is no news good news from either of these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the general consensus here is that NW is slow. My app was complete about a month ago, I've heard nothing. Sorry, no info from me on Penn.

Hey,

I heard about a Penn interview on October 30th..
I haven't heard anything from Northwestern yet...the status page says that "my application is still under consideration..."

my app to penn was complete in mid august and my app to northwestern was complete early-mid september...

hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
All of my apps were complete between mid-August and the first week in September, and I have yet to hear a peep from Northwestern, Cornell, Penn or Harvard.

This is hilarious, I thought about creating this same thread. I only applied to 8 schools and I've heard from 6, all but Northwestern and Penn. My apps were complete 9-18 for NW and 9-12 for Penn, but still no changes in the status page since then.

several of my friends have gotten NW invites... so just be patient... they will come...

applied to 14 schools.

rejected from 1.

interviews from 10 so far.

not a peep from northwestern, penn, or harvard.

my apps were all complete end of aug / beginning of sept, and i know all three of these are interviewing, so i'm clearly not one of their "highly select" picks. beyond that i guess i'll just wait and see, although i'm not really holding my breath on any of them.

but it sounds like others are having the same experience, so maybe something'll work out.

I heard back from almost exactly a month after my app was complete...but lots of candidates more outstanding than I on this site heard back later...someone had to wait 9 weeks I think

NW is slow...7 weeks for me

hope this helps everyone

btw, if we've been rejected from the ivy league schools, they're probably not going to bother to notify us until march anyway

Did Penn and NW start interviewing later than most other schools?

Penn started screening applications in early October so basically started sending out invitations around then...unlike other schools that started interviewing in September....