Heard from Vanderbilt or UCLA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MTman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have a friend who is wondering if anyone has gotten off a wait list at either Vanderbilt or UCLA. I t would make her oh so chipper to hear that people are getting off the list or turning their acceptances down there. Thanks alot people.

Switz :p

Members don't see this ad.

I am waiting on the same 2 schools. I have heard that they are supposed to review all files sometime after yesterday, but I am not sure exactly when. I have heard about 1-3 dozen will get in Vandy from the waitlist and about 1/2 of the first priority will get into UCLA. Hope this helps.

I hope this will make your friend happy...I dropped my acceptance. I interviewed in January, was accepted in mid-April, and dropped it at the end of April. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
lizard, what school??

Oops, sorry. Vanderbilt. They were really slow about reviewing my app. On the interview day, they said 8 weeks, but I didn't hear from them until nearly 11 weeks later.

How do you know if you are first priority on the wait list at UCLA?

There are some replies to this question in interviewfeedback.com but basically if you are first priority it will say you are on an unranked waiting list. The second priority will be a hold list that actually sends second priority in the letter. So, if your letter didn't say that you should be part of the first priority list. I can't tell you how many are on the actual wait list, however. The admissions office says 100 but I'm not sure if that includes those on the hold list or not.

I talked to the admissions office yesterday. They said the WL was trimmed down at the beginning of May. If you haven't received a letter indicating your file was deactivated yet, then you are still on it and could hear anytime from now until classes start. I hope this helps! I'm anxiously awaiting a letter from Vandy too!

Originally posted by VUET:
•I talked to the admissions office yesterday. They said the WL was trimmed down at the beginning of May. If you haven't received a letter indicating your file was deactivated yet, then you are still on it and could hear anytime from now until classes start. I hope this helps! I'm anxiously awaiting a letter from Vandy too!•

Are you talking about Vandy?

Sorry- Yes, I'm talking about Vandy.