sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Pulling a rickshaw down Bay St.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I saw this posted in the Pre-Allo forum, and found it quite good (the OP said that people should not read this novel, but I believe that everyone should read this novel as it brings a different perspective to the table). It took me a couple of hours to read it, as it is a novel, but a worthwhile one nonetheless.

http://www.upalumni.org/medschool/

I was very shocked at learning that pelvic exams were done on female patients without their prior consent. In addition to this, I never knew attending physicians would be making fun of their patients, as a form of "fitting in with the crowd." This doctor went to Tufts medical school, and his experiences are based within the Boston area.

Do students in Indian/non-Indian medical schools experience the same things?

parasiteatwork

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2004
Timisoara Romania
Status
sunny123 said:
I saw this posted in the Pre-Allo forum, and found it quite good (the OP said that people should not read this novel, but I believe that everyone should read this novel as it brings a different perspective to the table). It took me a couple of hours to read it, as it is a novel, but a worthwhile one nonetheless.

http://www.upalumni.org/medschool/

PHP:
I was very shocked at learning that pelvic exams were done on female patients without their prior consent.
In addition to this, I never knew attending physicians would be making fun of their patients, as a form of "fitting in with the crowd." This doctor went to Tufts medical school, and his experiences are based within the Boston area.

Do students in Indian/non-Indian medical schools experience the same things?
I dont understand how is this possible.....n that too in civilized world!!!

OP
sunny123

sunny123

BOSCO!!!!
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Pulling a rickshaw down Bay St.
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
^ I am not sure either. Did you get a chance to read the novel para? This doctor writes well, even though it is depressing, but I felt what he was going through because his descriptions were vivid.

parasiteatwork

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2004
Timisoara Romania
Status
no,i havent read the novel but will do that ASAP!!!